ad: TinyPaddle-1

Free manuals site

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by M3DXO, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ5O

WJ5O Ham Member QRZ Page

Paul,
    I can't even log in to see the main menu... maybe that's why I can't locate any manuals......... I have the Email that indicates my user name and password....... but, it just runs me around in circles....... I try to log in.... the screen goes blank and then in a few seconds it asks if I want to register or log in again....... Besides, I thought that You had removed the requirement to register....... and the URL that accompanyed the Email of my log in and password gives me only "Not authorized to view this page"...... [​IMG]

2. AE4TR

AE4TR Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I could not find the manuals either. As far as logging in
    I will not register to any site, just to see what is available. Registering to download a manual might be ok,
    but not to just look. I hope you can fix it. [​IMG]

3. WJ5O

WJ5O Ham Member QRZ Page

I just gave up!.... This person is offering something that many Hams need... a source for manuals........ His offer is no good when the page can not be accessed........ [​IMG]

4. M3DXO

M3DXO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have again removed the need for registration to download the manuals. it will be nice to know if anyone can acess the files. The few friends that tested the site found no problems but thats no good if most of you are having problems. If the site is not going to function right then i might as well start again and try a different way of offering the files.
    Paul

5. WJ5O

WJ5O Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, as of 14:03Z 26 March 2005 I can access the manuals..... I still can't "log in".

6. M3DXO

The problem with logging in is i believe due to cookie control. Some firewalls such as zonealarm stop the cookie that is required to log in. try the site for a while and if you are happy with it add the site to your trusted sites and you should have no problems.
    Paul

7. KE5AYQ

KE5AYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Paul-your website is a great idea but I seem to be suffering the same problems as Corpus Christi Bill-I registered, received e-mail confirmation, tried to log-in and it says logging in and then returns to the original log-in page asking for username, etc. Any suggestions?

73 Chris KE5AYQ
    League City, TX USA [​IMG]

8. WJ5O

WJ5O Ham Member QRZ Page

Paul,
    Well, after a bunch of aggravating attempts to access the manuals....... I thought I'd just use my XYL's machine and register Her Call .... OK, Ireceived the confirming password Email in return..... But, it's just like before..... Neither this machine or the XYL's machine can access the manuals.... I wonder just how many others have just given up in disgust. .... or is it just Ops from Texas that are "locked out"? [​IMG]

9. SM5UVE

SM5UVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Paul

I was not intend to download any manuals, only a look and it worked right away. No problems.

Nice try to be your first website Paul. Keep going !

Lars

10. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I did not have any problem downloading. Minor point, the file sizes are all? listed as zero. Sure does reduce the download time!! [​IMG]

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

11. M3DXO

A big sorry to all that have tried to log in. I have tried for hours to resolve the problem, without any success. I have decided to take the site down untill i can fix the problems. I have not given up hope of putting all the manuals on line for free but i need to sort out the server. So i am currently changing the server over to linux and will rebuild the site, the only problem being is i have no exeperince of linux, so this could take a while. A big thank you to all that have shown support. If you think i had a manual on the site that you need email me and i will send it to you. paul@mbars.co.uk
    I hope to be back soon.
    Regards paul

12. M3DXO

I now have the basis of the new site on line. It wii take some time to get all the manuals back in the downloads section, but i would find it helpful if anyone could register and then see if they can log in. Any feedback will be of great help.
    Paul

13. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

A trial download worked just fine, keep up the good work.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

14. M3DXO

Thanks Tom.
    I have started to put the manuals back, and the file sizes are still zero so should be quick downloads.:p
    Cheers Paul

15. K6DRR

K6DRR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that site PHP-NUKE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.