ad: elecraft

Fred Moore, W6UA SK May 21, 2019

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by NG7E, May 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NG7E

NG7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is with great sorrow and sadness that I report the passing of my dear friend and elmer Fred Moore (W6UA) the morning of May 21, 2019! I came to know Fred in Bakersfield California in September of 2009. While living in Bakersfield, I would drive right by his house and marveled has his two towers stacked with antennas. One day I decided to stop by and ask him about the process to get a tower, however my intention was not for Ham radio but for C.B. radio. Fred was trimming his roses as I asked all sorts of questions, in a soft and gentle voice Fred proceeded to ask, "Why not get licensed in Ham radio?". That one phrase was all it took for me to get interested in Ham radio. To make things even sweeter, he even offered to let me borrow his Icom 706M2 and all I needed to do was get licensed, get a power supply and antenna. Fred was a wonderful person and always giving within the hobby.

Over the years, I moved to Arizona, but our relationship continued to grow as I continued to ask questions and gain knowledge from Fred. Every time I came into Bakersfield to visit my daughter, Fred and I would visit Pappi's for breakfast and then we'd head back to his house for more ham radio conversations. I was honored to have earned Fred's friendship as well as his trust such that he allowed me to work on his antenna systems.

During various occasions, Fred and I traveled together to the CCDXC club meetings and also the Visalia Hamfest. It seemed like no matter where we went, if there were other hams, Fred knew them or they knew Fred.

Thank you Fred for being both my friend and my elmer, you will truly be missed!

Fred Moore (W6UA) - SK 5/21/2019

Fred_W6UA_2EL_80m.jpg Fred_W6UA_Honor_Roll.jpg Fred_W6UA_photo1.jpg Fred_W6UA_Tower1_stack.jpg

2. NG7E

NG7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page