First QSO!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

kc2gyv writes…

"I obtained my Technician license in September, 2000. I purchased some used equipment from E-Bay. I am stationed in Germany, so I also applied for a reciprocal German license. Even with all this, I didn't make my first QSO until I was on leave and in Salt Lake City.

My first night in I decided to pull my HTX-202 out and tune into the local repeater frequencies. I keyed up and said, "KC2GYV monitoring" and waited. Well, KV7FXB came back to me and we had a good conversation! Even though it was voice and even though it was on two meters, I had made my first contact!

I have started designing my own homebrew QSL cards (just need to finish building my "shack" and add a picture) and plan to send her my first one, along with a framed numbered plate block of the purple background Ham Radio stamp issued just over 30 years ago.

Throughout my time on leave, every single one of the Hams in SLC valley were more than helpful to give pointers, and I learned quite a lot about the hobby by just listening.

I want to publicly say THANKS! to KV7FXB and to all the other Hams in SLC who made me feel welcome.

Ken"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.