ad: Halibut-1

Field Testing Chameleon MPAS & CHA SPIKE First QSO with Russia

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6TRA, Jun 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. VA7LTX

VA7LTX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Daniel,
    I am a satisfied owner of your CMC-130-3k isolator. It solved a very bizarre swr issue I had with the Hygain AV620 vertical antenna; the higher the antenna was raised above the ground the higher the swr went on all bands (went to as high as 4:1 at 30ft above ground, when it was only 1.5:1 at 8ft). Tried everything; no change! Your CMC-130-3k isolator solved the problem; whether the antenna was 8ft above ground or 30ft above ground the swr stayed in spec. and never changed.

I was taken back though at your unnecessary attack and post toward the video or videos like it. It's a great EDC video.

Read your post back to yourself as if someone was sending it to You.

I will continue to buy your products because they are work; but wow I'm just sad about your post.

Lawrence (VA7LTX)
    73 ALL :)

OLDARCHER, OH8STN and K4ECD like this.
  2. E73M

E73M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, thank you... I guess technical opinion and advice was all that was needed to be said but we all have moments of weakness.
    I am sorry, again, for offending anybody here.

Danny

OH8STN, K4ECD and VA7LTX like this.
  3. VA7LTX

VA7LTX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Danny !
    You have excellent unique products; that truly work and just proved to all of us a Good Man behind them!
    Sincerely,
    Lawrence

4. N4PJA

N4PJA Ham Member QRZ Page

My big take-a-way,

I enjoyed watching the video. There's some aspects to CHA antennas that I like, some that i don't (as with all things, right?).

I enjoyed surfing E73M's website. Might pick up an antenna the next time I'm on the market for one. Might buy one from each site.

I might have an entire closet full of antennas. It's like a lady's wardrobe whenever I operate portable.

****OH8STN, thanks for the content. I've been wanting to make a few videos to help get people out and change up their QTH. : )

OLDARCHER and OH8STN like this.
  5. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the kindness. I do have a closet full of antennas. Most are weird Contraptions I've either built or bought over the years :)
    Please do step in and make a few videos. We need more No Nonsense ham radio creators. Even a blog and written stories/tutorials with full hd images to support the them. It's certainly not easy but if each of us would make an article or a video to post, there be a heck of a lot of good content for new hams to get excited about.
    And if you make a video, ping me on YouTube. I'll definitely share a new man portable vid or channel from other operators.
    Julian

2E0HJN likes this.
  6. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I lost interest on the first page of this post.

7. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

As always, Julian - an enjoyable and informative video (and I generally do not watch videos, but I make an exception in your case.). It's good for ham to see that you can erect a quick-up, basic antenna and have a good time with communication outside of the house. When you do it in arctic WINTER conditions: priceless :)

73/72 from the comparatively warm Northern Idaho.

de RadioRay ..._ ._

'Don't talk about the things you're going to do.
    DO
    the things you're going to talk about.'

MW1CFN, OLDARCHER and OH8STN like this.