ad: CQMM-1

FCC's Morse Code R&O Announcement

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K4RJJ, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC0KBC

KC0KBC Ham Member QRZ Page

Meanwhile, I'm loving the fact that it appears I'll be able to take the Element 1 at the February testing session, and hopefully pass it before it goes away. I've sure talked to a lot of NCT's who are working on code and intend to use it...

2. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

14 years here [​IMG]

That must make me SUPER unmotivated!

[​IMG]

Or maybe I don't care about the class system and prefer just enjoying what I do at my current level.

Won't matter to you either way, so choose whichever [​IMG]

3. KG4PNC

KG4PNC Ham Member QRZ Page

I for one am gonna do a whole lotta listning to others and learn that way along with a class or 12 to help me , whats the old saying better to be thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt !!!!! lol

4. AE6IP

AE6IP Ham Member QRZ Page

It's official.

R&O will be in tomorrow's (24 January 2006) federal register.

scroll down to FCC

5. W4CBJ

W4CBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Any excuse is better than no excuse at all.
    A lecture to the unwise is insufficient.
    CU on CW. 73 Joe W4CBJ

6. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. There won't be any instant upgrade here after the thing passes. I'm going to listen first and see what happens to others who make the leap first.

My 14 years of NCT isn't because I was waiting for this. I get enough out of what I have right now. I simply don't need HF at the moment. Will I check it out? Probably, slowly, after the 'effective date' but I don't expect to instant upgrade.

Eventually, probably. I'm hoping all we see on here doesn't come to pass on the bands [​IMG]

But who knows, I may not even think about it till well after I hit year 15. I haven't needed HF in 14 years, I don't see the need to desperately run to get it now.....

7. K2DMV

K2DMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Count me in on that one, if time allows, I never thought they would drop the code and never planned for it. QRP is the route I planned on taking as it fits my antenna and power limitations. Though I have relented to some degree on homebrew and figured I should get a nice quality receiver so I have a benchmark/reference....
    Code is cool and what the heck if you use earphones and a key you probably won't be as likely to keep other people awake at night. [​IMG]
    So if time allows me to get up on it I would like to get the Part 1 done as a trivial badge of honor thing and add a General ticket in the process. [​IMG]

8. W5CMP

W5CMP Guest

OUT WITH OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!!! WHOO,YA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.