ad: Mountaingoat-1

FCC: Referee's in Club Dispute

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AJ5TT

AJ5TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting to note at the Vanity Call sign process has halted on the same date as the application for AC9ES (12/12/01).  First the Anthrax and missing applications and now possibly a holdup due to a dispute.

Argh,

John

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Mr. Hollingsworth hit the nail on the head when he indicated that the organization in question was formed under Wisconsin law in 1998. This organization is a "legal person" created by the state and, as such, the organization involved in this dispute has the legal persona specified by Wisconsin law.

This is not a dispute that can, or should, be decided by a federal regulatory agency. If the parties want to have a pissing match over who controls this club, the Wisconsin courts and/or the Secretary of State's office are the appropriate venues for that contest since this is a matter of state law. The FCC should defer to the state and issue the license according to Wisconsin's determination of who is the valid representative of the club.

3. KA3EBX

KA3EBX Ham Member QRZ Page

We has a similar problem with our club, South Hills Amateur Radio Club where two individuals not only tried to take our club's original call, but the club's name as well!  Fortunately, we had notarized documents dating back to the club's creation that settled the matter with officials.  During the matter however, one individual (another club's president) was sending the club bogus emails and making anonymous guestbook entries in the club's guestbook.  Another tried to hack into the club's member's only area and made obsene entries into the club's guestbook.  Working with ISP officials, they were subsequently caught and reprimanded.  Actions like these, sure puts a dark shadow on Amateur Radio.

4. WA4MJF

WA4MJF Banned QRZ Page

The FCC does a good job of checkin' on the club stations.

I had a problem as trustee for our club's tickets. We
    used the parent corporation's TIN, rather than start
    another 501 © (3). Sure enough they caught it, so
    we just changed the name on the ticket to the
    parent corporation's name and all was well!

73 de Ronnie

5. kc0msq

kc0msq Ham Member QRZ Page

Well somebody is making false statements to the FCC, and as the licensing entity they are going to have to figure out who. This may very well involve the state of Wisconsin, since they created the club, but the FCC will have to spearhead this effort. This is unfortunate, but it is part of the territory.

Paul.

6. N8PCA

N8PCA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is one good example of why I will not be a "club member" again. This guy is certainly up to no good. The club that I was with about five years ago was a nice club except for one thing: The "board" would always ask for input from the membership.. but it always appeared to me that the "board" would nearly always do as they pleased. It happened time after time. I had enough and left the club after removing my repeater from the site late one night. My friends around town know of this situation. Most of them are still members, wich is fine of course! Too much politics for me. It took away the fun from the hobby. After all.. it is a hobby. A hobby should not be full of politics and infighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.