ad: portazero-1

FCC MUM ON MORSE CODE ISSUE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is hilarious!!! Nobody is to the left of NEA!

2. K4JF

Neither. The one with pride is the amateur who fixes it right the first time. Much better than the screwball who slaps it together long enough to get paid. (And the world is full of professionals of the second type.)

3. AE6IP

AE6IP Ham Member QRZ Page

A creature that exists only in the imagination.

4. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Marty,

Refusing to show your data, then asking me for proof was priceless! I was actually just giving you a dose of your own medicine. And now that you have refused to show proof, please refrain from asking others for proof of any kind in the future. That is unless you're willing to prove your claims to my satisfaction...

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

CORRECT but the code is not JUST for the extra class .... you also have to take the other written exams too .... again they are not FOR the extra since it has it's own exam.

MY POINT IS code once taken applys to any class of license for NOW.... even TECH CLASS ......

NO ONE with any sence wants to see the extra class requirement for code go away lets keep it a EXTRA ....

6. WA4GCH

"The way I see it, the "digi-hams" can stay on the UHF/VHF areas. There is more than ample spectrum space for them. Those, like me, who want to learn code will have a blast doing 30m DX once we've passed our element 1 exam and get our rigs running. The argument is pointless, code should stay."

You need a good Q-TIP ear cleaning since you seem to never have lissened to 14.070. ALSO "The argument is pointless, code should stay." no one is taking the code away it will be there for thoes who want to use it .

7. WA4GCH

"Nope. A "no-coder" is a person that hates the code, doesn't want to learn or use it, and doesn't want anyone else to do so either. He or she will give up other privileges, just to avoid a slow test, and shows nothing but contempt for those who did learn the code."

INTERESTING ......

1) A "no-coder" is a person that hates the code, doesn't want to learn or use it, and doesn't want anyone else to do so either.

I have never met any no-coder who did not want anyone to USE the code ..... if you have please sent me that persons call ....

2) and shows nothing but contempt for those who did learn the code.

More like indiffrence its like being a agnonstic a real one dosn't care what god you have ......

8. WA4GCH

MOST true NO-CODES do not care if you use code or not.... Im agnonstic ..... I don't have a religion and don't care if others do ...... but RESPECT the right of all others to what ever they choose to beleve.

Now one day I may find one myself and things could change .... just like thoes no coders ........

9. KY4XF

KY4XF Ham Member QRZ Page

wa4ghc, just a little hint, until I pass the element 1, I have very little intention of buying/building anything capable of operating in the 20m band. This is because I want to be able to do more than merely listen. However, I want to do so honestly. Besides, code on 20m extends from 14.000 to 14.150Mhz. If thier are digital ops at 14.070, that is right in the middle of the code section of the band, so I hope they are merely using FSK or PSK/31. Also, the word is "listened" (I used to be an english major, so I do stress on spelling and grammer).

10. K4JF

In the imagination and online - his/her tracks are all over this site.

11. K4JF

Actually, although code is legal in the areas you quote, those are NOT the real code parts of the band. 14.000 - 14.060 is just about all. Above there, it is (almost) all other digital modes. So if you want a real QSO, stay below 14.060 - that's where you will find the other CW stations.

12. K4JF

Haven't read much on this site, have you?

13. WA4DOU

WA4DOU Ham Member QRZ Page

Al- my copy of "Arming America" came today!

14. K4JF

Again, haven't read much on this site, have you?

Telling someone they should die, or, more mildly, should shut up and destroy their ham gear, is hardly "indifference".

15. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Bruce,

You need to join us in making a distinction between narrowband data users (RTTY/FSK/PSK31 etc.) and wideband data users (Winlink using faster Pactor modems, network connections). What you hear on 14.070 are narrowband data applications requiring less than 2 kHz bandwidth. What he was talking about are WIDEBAND data applications requiring 3kHz to 300kHz bandwidth.

Right now on 6m, the ARRL is sponsering a test of 200kHz wide data application use. The entire 20M band is about 350kHz. Now, imagine 200kHz of the 350kHz being occupied by ONE USER. No doubt this does NOT belong on HF. Even the 3kHz data applications are being suggested to share the voice bands by the ARRL. They will cause untold interference on crowded voice bands that we will soon make MORE CROWDED with the addition of many No Code Generals.

I fully support narrowband data use where where 99% of Amateurs who use data occupy spectrum outside the voice bands (and CW subbands roughly 14.070 to 14.150). Only 1% of Amateurs use wideband data applications. If that 1% were asking to occupy the 070 to 150 region like narrowband, I'd even support that.

Saying NO! to wideband data use in the voice bands is not saying no to all data applications and is not saying no to the most popular ones like RTTY and PSK31. Please join us in doing what is right for 99% of Amateurs and asking wideband data users to stay off of HF and on VHF/UHF unless they restrict themselves to the data subbands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.