ad: M2Ant-1

FCC Denies testing in multiple languages

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K5GHS, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AE6IP

AE6IP Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the PRARL has gone to the trouble of writing up the pool in Spanish, it seems to me it would be a win/win for them to take the FCC's suggestion to ask the NCVEC and for the NCVEC to agree.

3. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

NO! NO! NO! A Thousand Times (better make that a Hundred Thousand Times) NO! [​IMG]

Now ask me how I feel about this issue?

Dennis KG4RUL

4. K5LDB

K5LDB Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely not! The only thing they should be doing is as quickly as possible making it mandatory and irreversible to test in English.

5. KB2SEO

KB2SEO Ham Member QRZ Page

If they want to use a second language, Try CW !

They are already allowed to speak in another Language, but ID in English.

Where did it say that we have to cater to people coming in to our country like this? It's AMERICA, We Speak ENGLISH You moved here, DEAL!

My Grand Pop had to move here from Poland and had to learn the language. If it was good enough for Grand Pop- You learn it or forget it!

BRAVO to FCC!

6. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

umm, the petitioner is *in* puerto rico ... puerto ricans carry u.s. passports and fall under the jurisdiction of the f.c.c. the first language of puerto rico is spanish, not english.

7. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty much what I was going to mention. In Puerto Rico, I wouldn't be surprised if the test was being administered in Spanish since that is the major language there. It makes sense.

Less time should be spent worrying about what language the test is being given in. More important, are new Hams proficient enough to operate the new allocations they have and are the tests an accurate gauge of knowledge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.