ad: chuckmartin

EQUINOX Blends Science Fiction And Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4ECW, May 10, 2019.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Spoiler!

;-)

PU2OZT and N4ECW like this.
  2. KM6KIZ

KM6KIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed the book. It had the air of a B movie which is my favorite kind. Heroes, tough talk, Red White, and Blue thinking....I will read more.

N4ECW likes this.
  3. KX2L

KX2L Ham Member QRZ Page

As a ham who has read thousands and thousands of science fiction books and dozens of amateur radio books I am going to give a honest critical review of the book EQUINOX. I downloaded it onto my kindle from Amazon kindle unlimited. First off I gave EQUINOX 4 stars. It is well above average, a good fast paced enjoyable read and worth buying. I read it in two days. It is NOT a blockbuster 5 star science fiction blended amateur radio book. However, DM Barrett has blended science fiction and amateur radio well. Funny "Spark Gap/CW" slight blunder. There was a problem with the book. It was either sloppy proof reading or irregularities with the kindle download. An estimated twenty times words were broken up or thrown together. This was only a very minor irritation and I was able to glace over and know exactly what was being said. In conclusion buy the book. Its a good read but don't expect a 5 stars science fiction masterpiece.

KM6KIZ, K2NCC and N4ECW like this.
  4. AE4O

AE4O Ham Member QRZ Page

Both of those issues are addressed earlier in the thread.

5. WJ2L

WJ2L Ham Member QRZ Page

Independence Day saw cw back in use to keep the Aliens in the dark! Know the code!

6. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Why are you Americans so infatuated with the coming alien invasion ..?
    I'd just let us get on with it.
    [​IMG]
    It will allow our work to be expedited more quickly; and a race specific bio-weapon
    promises to be an almost insurmountable ambition, in your particular instance.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  7. N4ECW

N4ECW Ham Member QRZ Page

Equinox has been in print, eBook, and audio formats for six months. After over 13,000 copies sold with only one return, I'd say that the few negative curmudgeon opinions are much in the minority. But, it's good to hear from the minority.

8. N4ECW

After a year in print and 25,000 copies sold, it was worth the effort.

W1TRY likes this.
  9. N4ECW

EQUINOX, DM Barrett's best seller that blends science fiction with amateur radio and shortwave, can be downloaded FREE in eBook format from Amazon on the following dates:

Thursday, October 22, 2020;
    Thursday, November 5, 2020;
    Thursday, November 12, 2020;
    Thursday, November 26, 2020; and,
    Thursday, December 10, 2020.

N4ECW's EQUINOX, as well as his other novels, can be obtained at Amazon and Barnes & N0ble.

The audiobook versions are available at audible.com and iTunes.

10. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Brave New PC World forbids us criticising anything. I invite you to analyse why we are not publishing, uploading or whatever.