EQUINOX Blends Science Fiction And Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4ECW, May 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KL4VG

KL4VG Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m about halfway through this book and can’t tourture myself any further. This book has a decent plot, however no sub plot, and very predictable. Whomever edited this book should repeat the second grade. There are errors on every page, mostly spacingerrors wh ich are distract ing (Did you see what I did there?)
    This book is suitable for young minds, much like the ARRL Cynthia Walls or Walker Tompkins book series.
    Thank God this book was free, even so, I would not recommend it to a friend.
    Sorry folks.
    Daniel KL4VG

2. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

any ft8 in the book?

3. N4ECW

N4ECW Ham Member QRZ Page

Only CW and phone

4. N4ECW

5. N4ECW

The eBook shifts from reader to reader. On some devices, th e spacing does loo k like this un fortunately. I can assure you that the print version is flawless.

I think your assessment of "a decent plot, however no sub plot" is accurate. It was written for each chapter to be cannibalized for a TV episode and possibly the first five chapters as a TV movie / mini-series. At this writing, five production companies have indicated a serious interest in the story line. It's NOT a Tom Clancy novel for sure. LOL But, it has done quite well with about 2500 eBook and paperbacks sold in the first month -- not counting kindle unlimited royalties.

Sorry the plot was too linear for. However, you might take a look at my period fiction (1929-1942) eBook or paperback, RAVEN.

Dennis

KL4VG likes this.
  6. N4ECW

Here's a copy of the cover.

Attached Files:

PU2OZT likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The book is fine.

Everyone's a critic. :-(

Try doing something creative, and you will discover the only one who pats you on the head is mommy or daddy ;-).

Reminds of of my early music biz dealings....most of the A&R guys either secretly played the demos for their kids, or were young enough themselves to bury themselves in white powder (almost all of them killed themselves with drugs within 5 years).

When the 'kids' were asked their opinion , and passed, the expression was: 'Snot happenin'.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    KE5ES and N4ECW like this.
  8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Limited Alien Invasion ? :eek: Amen :cool:
    I'll never look at a solar cycle the same way again ! :cool:
    Good luck with the book DM

G3SEA/KH6

N4ECW likes this.
  9. KL7KN

KL7KN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL

Several of my World of the Chernyi series feature the Amateur radio service in a big way...

In the Tales of the Chernyi, the protagonist is hired because of his radio operating skills... This is expended in in the next book of the series - Aftermath.

In the second book of the series (Going Home) WWV is co-opted to warn of incoming pieces of the moon - via SKYSPOT.

All great fun to write - so don't sweat the critics.

W1TRY and N4ECW like this.
  10. KL4VG

KL4VG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the explanation Dennis.
    And thanks for the courage for writing and publishing a book....I have not yet worked up the nerve.
    Congrats on the interest from Hollywood, I truly hope you rake in a fortune.

Other posters are correct, everyone is a critic. I truly try not to be, and just enjoy the book, however the spacing errors are very distracting.

KE5ES and N4ECW like this.