ad: ProAudio-1

END-of-LIFE (EOL) for Z80 CPU and PERIPHERALS Announced

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W9GB, Apr 21, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

i used a c 64 to interface to and test industrial timers,batch controllers and made good money.
    they work just as well today, wonderfull stuff!
    the transition not from tube analog but just TO this new "thing" was a delightfull experience for me...endless hours spend doing hobby type stuff,AND making money too !!!

6800,6502,6510,8080,z80...long live !!!

KB0MNM likes this.
  2. W9WQA

i have a 32 line io box using 2 6820"s
    hooks to a c 64 expansion port, buffered.
    i miss doing that stuff, was good old days.

on a snowey winter day, ups would show up with a box of 6 eagle timers.
    i could work/play inside cosy,,,and make about $300 having "hobby" fun...

intel never made a chip as ez to use as a 6526. 2 8 bit ports with handshaking

3. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

While dancing down memory lane, we have Z-80 included in the following "TRS" machines:
    TRS-80 ( sometimes referred to as the "Model 1 , 'silver' paint keyboard enclosure, separate green CRT in matching enclosure, separate expansion interface )
    TRS-80 Model III ( All-in-one, green screen, room for full-height 5.25" floppy drives, Aztec or other switch-mode power supplies )
    TRS-80 Model 4 ( Similar to Model III in many ways, fits in same cabinet )
    TRS-80 Model 4P ( Portable) , ( Sewing-machine style white cabinet with fold-out keyboard in the bottom & small CRT , half-height 5 & 1/4 drives )
    and then also we have at least two kits:
    LNW-80 ( LNW Research, Walnut St., Tustin, Ca.- closed long ago ) included Color monitor NTSC option
    LNW-80 Expansion Interface ( Bare PCB or finished )
    The Z-80 chip typically was not included in the expansion interface.
    There are remnants of most of the above in my garage, and maybe in a basement where I once lived. The Aztec power supplies typically required only a bridge rectifier for repair.
    The machines were popular for early numerical-control factory machines, especially after a book titled "Interfacing the TRS-80..." more there, was published.
    There was also a user's group or two...

4. WA7QZR

WA7QZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd love to have it. Let me know how :)

5. W9WQA

have a 4k s100 board. was once mounted inside my et3400 trainer!!! what fun that was...

6. AB2T

AB2T XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wasn't the Zilog Z80 copied in the Soviet Union and the satellite former communist states?

There may be spares out there in Eastern Europe somewhere ...

73, Jordan AB2T