ad: Mountaingoat-1

EchoLink in an Emergency

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N5GUY, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

LMAO, johnny were you the one to tell clinton to say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Johnny you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You were the one that said you only understood 2 or three words. Even though I can only hear your side of the conversation, I can almost figure out what mark is saying to you. The whole conversation follows a logical path. Needless to say, I guess you really understood more than 2 or three words now didn't you. I didn't hear you once say, "I am having trouble copying you."

You are a liar, and trying to use more lies to cover up the first lie. You are a low class amateur who tried to diminish the importance of hf amateur radio communications. You truly are disgusting. Go play internet radio.

2. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

No. Never said that!

I have NEVER said VOIP is worthless, no good, useless, or any other degrading term you can think of. Like I stated in this thread before, I use VOIP most everyday!

As for you keep saying you only hear one side of the QSO, I've stated at least twice in this thread why you can not hear my voice. It's obvious that wish to ignore my statement. Fine.That’s perfectly fine by me. Anyone can listen to the QSO and make out very well who you talking too, and what you're talking about without hearing "both sides" as you keep pointing out. You were talking to me. You gave me a S10 to S20 (you’ve got a strong signal) report. Now you wish to get on here and tell the world that you couldn’t hear me very well. Only 2, 3, or 4 words, in a lame attempt to make Echolink look good. Sorry OM. You’re exposed.

Also you stated in an earlier comment that you were only running 5 watts, if I'm not mistaken. Like I stated to you before, most of the signals I hear out of your area are 20 to 30db over 9. I gave you an S8 to S9 report. So HF does work, doesn't it? Even with 5 watts output like YOU stated.

Get a grip man.

3. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

I propose some new Echolink Awards.

WAS = Worked All Screens
    WAC = Worked All CD's
    WAK - Worked All Keyboards
    WAM = Worked All Modems
    WAIP's = Worked All IP's
    WANC = Worked All Network Cards
    WAISP’s = Worked All ISP’s
    WAR = Worked All Routers
    WAF = Worked All Firewalls
    WAT = Worked All Telephones (I'm quilty of this on HF )
    Last but not least
    WAVS = Worked All Virus Scanners

Mark, your full of it, and you know it.

I didn't hear you once say, "I am having trouble copying you."

Thats because Mark cropped it out !

Hello!
    You are now intentionally making false statements about Echolink in an attempt to make  HF Radio look GOOD, .
    Regardless of what Amateurs think of you now, with your croped up recording and your attempts to degrade your fellow Amateurs etc ,Echolink / IRLP will stand on its on merits.

Just having some fun. Don't take it serious..... Johnny !

4. W5MJL

Awwwww, Johnny got his feelings hurt, and thought he would lie to make himself feel better about his internet radio. Poor boy. You're not even close to a resemblence of a man.

5. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

Yeah Johnny. I don't take ANYTHING you say serious.

ANYHOW, have a wonderful day OM.

It's beautiful here in Hickory, NC. I'm heading out for a while to enjoy the nice Spring weather.

6. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A typical Echolink Transceiver shown with full duplex headphone option.  AM is standard with CW (whistling) and digital dialing (0-9) modes are available.

7. W5MJL

Look at the VFO tuning on that thing. Damn

8. KF4VGX

Yes is its nice out.
    What are you guys still hagin on to your key boards on the * INTERNET * LOL !

A chopped up version is what was heard .
    What happen to the part where you faded completely out ?
    And I asked you to link up to my Repeater to finish our conversation ? Say what , you didn't hear that ?

*Where is that recorded part at *? I guess either you didn't want others to hear it or I faded out on your receive. Either way its a chopped version of the real conversation.

You both admitted it was a setup [​IMG].

Why not let others enjoy their Hobby with out your insults and yourlame attempts to deface Amateur's

A part of our conversation over HF was indeed fairly clear
    * four Minutes * but then even you have to admit it would not have been efficient time to pass Emergency traffic . Using VOIP can help.

Why as Amateur radio operators, do you attempt to degrade other Amateurs for their beliefs?

Instead you guy's are hanging out here like a pack of *dogs* waiting to pounce on my next post.
    Please pick you tongue up of the floor.

Well here you go * Boy * have at it !

Hang on a second . I'll turn you lose .

Now ,we can continue to insult each other or we have to admit one thing . Its all an attempt to educate Amateurs to your way of thinking.

After all according to You Echolink Ain't radio, Your words .

We think it is. We have a right to enjoy our Hobby you enjoy your's.

KF4VGX

9. W5MJL

The one thing we do know is that you are a liar. Proof is all over this thread. I will say it again. Be a man. You have nothing to lose by admitting what you did. You are already the lowest class ham on qrz, you can only move up from here.

10. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

Dang! I come in to get a bite of lunch, and you're still at it!

Give it up guy, YOU'RE BUSTED!

11. W5MJL

Johnny you can try to turn this around about amateurs defacing other amateurs all you want.  This is no longer a debate as to whether echolink should be considered true amateur radio.  This is now a debate about how you lied to try and make echolink seem like a more viable emergency communication vehicle than hf.  You even said, "if I were passing emergency traffic,  I would be dead"  Now we just know that wasn't true, and so do you. The conclusions to be drawn from this are as follows.

We now all know you completely fabricated what you posted about the qso on qrz.

We now all know you are not a man.

We now all know you have no backbone.

We now all know you have no moral fiber.

We now all know you continue to lie in the FACE OF ABSOLUTE PROOF.

We now all know you are a worthless if you cannot face up to your actions and responsibilities.

12. KF4VGX

You know thats three or four times now that you have called me a lier. I say to you . You are a coward to call a man a lier through email. I invite you to do so to my face! at your leisure ! I can guarantee you you wont like the results.

As far as what I have stated. it is the Truth it was a chopped up version and Mark knows this .
    HF can work to pass emergency traffic as well as voip.
    Just as long as the band permits it to .

Last night, if you were the Net control of an Emergency Net when we lost contact due to the band static,
    And I had emergency traffic, it would not have passed due to band conditions.

As far as my manhood goes. I invite you to call me a lier to my face.

Only a coward would cuss a man behind email.

You are that Coward.

13. W5MJL

Yeah, johnny, real good. Let me jump on a plane and call you a liar to your face. Let me waste my money to come see some liar. Good plan. Tell you what though? If you would like to visit me, I will be happy to call you a liar to your face. My address is good on Qrz. Come to texas big boy.

14. N5GUY

N5GUY Ham Member QRZ Page

"This is no longer a debate as to whether echolink should be considered true amateur radio."

This was NEVER a debate about echolink should be considered amateur radio or not!

This was a true life story about how I, KB1IJC, newbie HAM was able to communicate during an emergency when all other means of communication had failed except for Echolink.

Without that one mode of Amateur radio being available to my Tech level, it would have been over 24 or 36 hours until I could have reached friends and family via a phone.

At that moment, the size of the emergency could have grown, thank goodness it did not, and I was able to make contact with a fellow ham before the first aftershock was felt, and continued to reach family as more aftershocks came.

That is what this thread was about.

I wish this thread could be closed. From about page 12 onward, the posts could be deleted.

Guy
    KB1IJC

15. KF4VGX

Forget it Guy's These guys will do anything to degrade Echolink.

There sitting here like a mother Hen sits on her egg's
    waiting for someone to post. Just so they can slander you and Echolink , VOIP.

[​IMG]

73 KF4VGX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.