DX Commander All Band Vertical HF Antenna Build & Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. NK7B

NK7B Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an EXCELLENT video of a very good vertical antenna design. I am curious about something that I thought while watching you squatting around in your yard: How about all of the horribly lethal SNAKES in Australia ? Do you have any of these ? How do you keep them out of your yard. 73, NK7B

2. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully I can work you one day soon!

3. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah they don't worry me ;)

There isn't that many about, but yes every snake here is deadly.

N5SKT likes this.
  4. M7GWD

M7GWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Kevin (M6ENP),
    That is very impressive results, especially on your 10 watts allocation inline with the Foundation license.... :D;)

Only if my DXC Expedition worked as well on 10 watts....

5. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Watch Callum's videos on youtube...

K9GLS likes this.
  6. VK2WE

VK2WE Ham Member QRZ Page

My married daughter with 4 children found one in her laundry yesterday

7. KN4REE

KN4REE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have also built one of these, and am very happy with the results. Used in in two different countries now, both in the 40-6m configuration and with the 80m inverted-L add-on. Both work great, in my opinion, but I ended up with 40-6 again, as it was more convenient to run a end-fed long-wire for the 80/160m bands. Now I have 2 very simple antennas and every band I'm interested in, all for a very little cost, and I didn't have to track down the parts :)

Very good value for what it is and what it does. You do need the radials, though, as with any vertical - I skimped at first, and got away with it, but when I did a better job my results improved.

8. 2E0HVK

2E0HVK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, he does live right next to the sea, but still . . . sadly his QRZ page is rather lacking in detail.

9. 2E0HVK

2E0HVK Ham Member QRZ Page

On another thread, M6ENP says:
    (see https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/cq-or-pounce-an-ft8-experiment.717448/page-4)

He also states that he's using the callsign G2KS, so I think it's rather disingenuous boasting here about how good his set up is whilst posting here as a foundation licencee but actually transmitting as a full licencee with 320 watts! Sadly his G2KS QRZ page is also completely lacking in detail, which doesn't give a very good impression IMO.

10. W6SLA

W6SLA Ham Member QRZ Page

My DX Commander is a EFHW.