ad: MLSons-1

DX Commander All Band Vertical HF Antenna Build & Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VK2WE

VK2WE Ham Member QRZ Page

My married daughter with 4 children found one in her laundry yesterday

2. KN4REE

KN4REE Ham Member QRZ Page

I have also built one of these, and am very happy with the results. Used in in two different countries now, both in the 40-6m configuration and with the 80m inverted-L add-on. Both work great, in my opinion, but I ended up with 40-6 again, as it was more convenient to run a end-fed long-wire for the 80/160m bands. Now I have 2 very simple antennas and every band I'm interested in, all for a very little cost, and I didn't have to track down the parts :)

Very good value for what it is and what it does. You do need the radials, though, as with any vertical - I skimped at first, and got away with it, but when I did a better job my results improved.

3. 2E0HVK

2E0HVK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, he does live right next to the sea, but still . . . sadly his QRZ page is rather lacking in detail.

4. 2E0HVK

2E0HVK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On another thread, M6ENP says:
    (see https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/cq-or-pounce-an-ft8-experiment.717448/page-4)

He also states that he's using the callsign G2KS, so I think it's rather disingenuous boasting here about how good his set up is whilst posting here as a foundation licencee but actually transmitting as a full licencee with 320 watts! Sadly his G2KS QRZ page is also completely lacking in detail, which doesn't give a very good impression IMO.

5. W6WR

W6WR Ham Member QRZ Page

My DX Commander is a EFHW.

6. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Lack of detail is much more impressive that 908 words of braggadocio IMO.

7. KN4EHX

KN4EHX Ham Member QRZ Page

Digging those jorts, mate. Sweet as.

8. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL I didn't think that would be the most interesting part of the video, cheers :D

N5EVV likes this.
  9. M0YAE

M0YAE Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on folks, read a few books, educate yourselves, buy a bit of hardware including a cheap VNA and make an antenna. Its Ham radio for God sake!!! Don't be taken in by the bells and whistles from the snake oil merchant!!!

10. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This to me looks like a vertical curtain array which are typically horizontally polarized and with the radials that are a must because, take the pole and make it horizontal, and you have a curtain array.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  11. VE2TH

VE2TH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would prefer to buy one, this way it is easier just because you already have all the parts needed.

Because those parts are unavailable in Canada, unless you know a good machinist $$$ Hi!

But living in a snowy and cold country with about 2 or 3 ft. of snow on the ground, it would be recommended to
    put the base at about 4 feet off the ground.

Other question: are those white plastics are UV treated ?

Otherwise, it is a very interesting antenna, for small backyard like I have here.

Now I would like to see the performance on the air, so I'm going to look at another video on the subject.

Thanks for sharing with us, it is very much appreciated.-

72/73 Mike VE2TH The QRP'er didit...

N5EVV likes this.
  12. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

And the time value of money is a basic concept.