ad: UR5CDX-1

Durham Radio Sales & Service Inc. - SK

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by VE5KC, Apr 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VE5KC

VE5KC Ham Member QRZ Page

Durham Radio Sales & Service - is gone - out of business!

It happened very suddenly with no prior notice to customers and no mention in local online news.

Earlier there was a contact name and phone number given for further information. The phone number was for David Sklar & Assocates - Toronto Licensed Insolvency Trustees
    (formerly known as Toronto Bankruptcy Trustees)

This contact information was later removed.

From the Durham Radio website: (http://www.durhamradio.com)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

*** STORE CLOSED FOREVER***
    We regret to inform you that Durham Radio Sales & Service Inc. after nearly a 25 years in the industry - closed its doors forever at 3:00 PM on Saturday, April 14th. We would like to thank our dedicated staff, loyal customers and friends for your continued support and for many great years in this hobby. Unfortunately, times have changed and it has become impossible to remain competitive in this industry without making drastic changes to our business model. We have decided that it would be better to close the business rather than change the products we carry and reduce customer service.

If you need product support please contact the manufacturer.
    If you've recently ordered something and it did not arrive, please track your shipment to make sure it's on the way. If tracking is not available please contact your credit card company for a refund.

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have visited this store on many occasions especially during the early 90's when it first opened it's doors when I lived in this area. I purchased a lot of radio equipment from them in the past. The store used to be located in Oshawa on Wentworth St. and was later relocated to Hopkins St. in Whitby during a time when the business was actually experiencing business growth.

[​IMG]

Keith who started and owned the store was always very friendly and accommodating to the customers.

It's sad to hear this store is closing it's doors after all these years. It's understandable how difficult it is to remain brick and mortar competitive in an online shopping world.

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

too bad, I,ve shopped several times at both stores, and yes they were always friendly, accomodating.
    Their closing drastically reduces the choices around Ontario.