Downloadable Repeater Directories Available now

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by AB9IF, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB9IF

AB9IF Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wanted to let everyone know that USREPEATERS.COM now has downloadable repeater directories. Download in PDF format. With over 18,000 repeaters listed

These directories are generated from the database the second you click. So it is always uptodate with the latest information.

In the event you find a edit that needs to be made you can log into the website. make the edit and as soon as the change takes place simply redownload the directory and print it, save it on your desktop or use it however.

This feature has been the most asked for feature from our users.

144_148, 420_450, 902_928, and 222_225 are online right now at http://www.usrepeaters.com with 51_54, 29.5_29.7, and 1240+ due to be activated this weekend.

Here is a sample pic for everyone and as you can see you have full PDF control and the directory prints on 8-1/2x11 Letter size paper for better viewing.

[​IMG]

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

lookup

It looks like I need to download each frequency separately ?
    Or is there a all repeaters option ?
    My internet access is WiFi at coffee shops .
    Thanks

3. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Looks like there is a big fee to download.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw $2 temp access , after seeing your post , looked a little deeper , saw $5.99 per band , or $14.99 for all .
    Did you see something with a higher fee , of just joking ?

5. AB9IF

Yes you can get a months trial membership for $2.00 to see if you like the service or not. We offer the frequencies in individual packages ($5.99) because most people only use one or two bands at the most and do not want to be downloading information not needed. so to streamline the info we broke it apart. You can get all packages for the $14.99 a year and only download what you need as well, and always be assured the rest of the info is there is you need it.

I feel the price is fair. $5.99 is less than the ARRL handbook and ours is always up to date. and always downloadable. The Information is not made into the directory until you request it and as soon as you click the button it takes the latest info and there ya go. This is a a year long subscription.

So no there are no higher fees unless he was referring to the $2.00, $5.99 or $14.99, all of which are fair for the service rendered and less than otherwise. All fees go to support the website and software used. So all support is appreciated.

On a side note. If anyone cannot afford to help support the site by having a membership and needs a Repeater directory email me i will send you one. Membership is not required to use the website and all information is available free of charge. Just use the links in the main menu to look up your Band, and State. Thanks Jim

6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

PDF?

Too bad it's not offered in a CSV file format. That would make it importable in a lot of programming software and save a lot of typing.
    just a thought......................:D

7. AB9IF

It is offered in CSV file format, see the photo below,,, you can print, download CSV, or download PDF

[​IMG]

Plus read testimonial on front page incuded below

"WOW! I just programmed my Yaesu FT 8900 Mobile, Yaesu FT-60 HT and Yaesu FT-897D With 200 to 300 channels each for the entire state of Ky in 10 minutes! This is so easy a CAVEMAN can do it! Fantastic Site and Service! I dont see why anyone would ever need to buy a repeater guide again! 73! Ernie Pridemore / KC4IVG"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  8. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I was not implying the fee is excessive, but it was not mentioned in the original message.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

9. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Kewel :D lots of repeaters listed for Ohio. Would be great if they could break it down to the 5 districts.

10. AB9IF

Counties and districts is something i have been toying with. and it really would not be hard to do. If i export the Database and open it in Excel and Cross reference the Latitude and Longitude with geocoding software we use, we should be able to create another field for County/District. In addition I have been wanting to do this to implement a County Mapping Repeater Map, so the same information would allow us to Setup County Maps showing all in that county/district with approximate lat/lon

So keep checking back, I have a big list of things i am working on and have this on that list. Thanks for the interest. Jim

Edit* Thought i would add, that We are coming out with a new Repeater Mapping utility letting you Set you start point and End point and select waypoints, Map will then Generate directions for your from point to point and will show you the repeaters along the way. around each point and waypoint. Good for vacationer. That is on its way as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.