ad: chuckmartin

Deep South Hamfest! Chickasaw AL! (near Mobile) Oct 22!

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KK4NSF, Aug 24, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello ALL! The Deep South Amateur Radio Club's 2022 Hamfest is coming up on Oct 22nd and it's going to be a GREAT ONE!

So far, we've got Tower Sales, ICOM, DX Engineering and several other major vendors signed up, and a LOT of tables with used gear, parts, and so forth to buy. PLUS We'll have our newly outfitted EmComm Trailer on display.

AND, rumor has it that the Awesome Spark Gap Transmitter will be there too, demonstrating how radio was done back before tubes were invented! (into a dummy load, of course) If you've never seen a Rotary Spark Gap in action, you don't want to miss it.

In addition, our VERY WONDERFUL YL Ladies will have a lot of things for all of the other YLs to enjoy and purchase. So be sure to bring your wives and girlfriends!

It is Oct 22 in Chickasaw AL, right off I-65 before you get into Mobile. (a map is on the flyer)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  2. KK4NSF

3. KK4NSF

****Update****Update****Update****
    I just learned that the GRAND PRIZE has been UPGRADED to an ICOM 7300!
    There are still a few tables available if you want to come sell some of your old stuff..... but you might want to reserve one soon since they are going fast!

I got sneak preveiw of the Patriotic Quilt, and the Alabama Quilt last week, and they are BEAUTIFUL! ( Personally, I'm going after the Alabama quilt, myself.)

ALSO.... one of my buddies from another state asked where Chickasaw AL is. Well it's simple: Chicksaw is a suburb of MOBILE AL, just a few miles North on I-65. The auditorium is just a block or so off the Interstate. BUT if you can't seem to find it, we'll be tralking folks in on 2m. I'll also be keeping an ear on 146.520, just in case.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT EVENT! SEE YOU THERE!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  4. KK4NSF

Remember! The DSARC Hamfest near MOBILE AL is THIS COMING WEEK-END (Sat Oct 22)!
    From what I'm hearing, it's going to be GREAT!

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

J.C. Davis Municipal Auditorium, 400 Grand Blvd, Chickasaw, AL 36611

6. KK4NSF

AND..... the hamfest was a GREAT SUCCESS! A big THANK YOU to all who helped and attended. :D