ad: Radclub22-1

D1IJZ is an illegal callsign

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by OH2AXE, Mar 4, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G0JTB

G0JTB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

D was a originally a prefix of the German Reich prior to 1945 and extensively used by Nazi amateurs (not that there were many)

2. 2E0IHR

2E0IHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Pirates should really have callsigns with an ARR prefix I think.

EI6ITB and 2E0HZH like this.
  3. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most likely, after the occupation, everyone who wanted it there received russian call signs. I don't know if that makes them legal.

4. W4OKW

W4OKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Spoilsport! Just Kidding, Dave.
    Thanks for your effort to provide "stick and rudder" and keeping the forum on track.
    Congrats on the Bark, nice job.
    73 Tom W4OKW

W7UUU likes this.
  5. 2E0IHR

2E0IHR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just trying to be funny, pirates, ARR callsigns, did nobody get it Jim Lad?

EI6ITB likes this.
  6. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After Crimea and Sevastopol were seized and purportedly annexed, there was an announcement that propagated among various ham channels that hams in the afflicted areas had a certain amount of time to apply for Russian licenses, and the 6K/7K/7R Russian callsigns were designated for them.

I don't recall having heard a similar announcement for the more recently occupied portions of Ukraine, despite the claim of annexation. I also haven't seen the region added to what I thought was the official RDA list.

7. US7IGN

I haven't researched this issue and it doesn't matter now. Any call sign issued by a terrorist state is the same for me, regardless of its region.

8. 2E0HZH

2E0HZH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What thing I've never understood is why pirates pirate? I mean why spend all the money on the equipment and risk getting it confiscated. The UK's lowest licence is relatively easy to achieve and gives you 25w and also most bands.

I honestly don't understand it.

9. US7IGN

The point is the same as raising a black flag and going to rob and kill. They just love it.

2E0HZH likes this.
  10. N4QX

N4QX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Look, these guys are probably hams, accepting the "license" that the people with guns who control their area give them. Using a call sign, issued or not, indicating an affiliation to the other side of the war would be an invitation for the guns to be used on them.

It sucks. It's extra-legal. But it is the way it is.

VE7RME likes this.
  11. US7IGN

Don't talk about what you don't know. Although it is probably better for you in VA to know what is happening where you have probably never even been in your life. I know many of them personally and why they did it. Some of them actively helped and are helping those who came with guns.
    But I agree that they are even worse than ordinary "pirates" who are simply fooling around using unlicensed frequencies or fictitious call signs. At least people don't die because of them.
    However, I am no longer surprised by the support for terrorists. This is the new reality.

12. N4QX

N4QX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't doubt that at all.

Am I allowed to say Slava Ukraini? Because I mean it.

W0ML and PA5COR like this.
  13. KG4LAC

KG4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice when using GridTracker for FT4/FT8. Setup a Block on a regular expression of ^D1.{2,}

Won't see any D1xxx anymore.

US7IGN and N3RYB like this.