ad: ProAudio-1

CQWW 2007-2016 logs analysis

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by EI6DX, Oct 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. EI6DX

EI6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all!

Unfortunately, I will be away from home during 2017 SSB (half weekend for me) and all of the CW weekend. This year I can only contribute / participate by sharing some analysis of public logs for contestants to use in preparation for the event. I hope you enjoy the contest this year and that the conditions do not disappoint!

CQWW log analyzer parsed 2015 and 2016 public logs. Link: www.ei6dx.com/cqww-activity-analyzer
    The database now holds information about almost 53 million contacts (52.948.177 QSOs to be exact). Full breakdown of 2007-2016 by bands and modes is available here:

http://www.ei6dx.com/cqww-contest-analysis/cqww-analytics-2007-2016/

There is a lot of graphs there. Click on any of them to zoom in.

Main graph, I think, is this one - http://www.ei6dx.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/world-totals-by-band.png - it really shows where we are now and where it is most likely heading for 2017.

[​IMG]

GL in TEST!
    Stan

P.S. The contest is only a week away. I am using QRZ.com to share the data with as many contest-men as I can. I hope it is ok.

N3BUO and AK5B like this.
  2. W3RJW

W3RJW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Main Graph" appears to closely follow the solar cycle ..... with 10m the dominant effect ... so, yes this year should be an easy bet ....

3. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

There are some Contest-Women also. They do really well!
    AF4RK

K5TRI likes this.
  4. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be looking for China and other Asian Countries this year for my log book...

KE4HTS likes this.
  5. KF5VDX

KF5VDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a great way to ‘see’ the data.....very nice! THANK! for taking the time to research and chart it. The trends are easy to check out. Thanks again! Garry