ad: portazero-1

CQ WPX SSB Wrap-up with the Contest Crew + Tim N6WIN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1DED, Apr 6, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1DED

W1DED Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

W1DED_093_CONTEST09_Thumbnail03.jpg
    The Contest Crew was busy during the recent CQ WPX SSB contest. Chris KL9A brought together a multi-single team from his Montana station KM7W. Dan N6MJ was single op from ND7K in Arizona. And Randy K5ZD was part of the V47T multi-single team on St. Kitts. You can skip the 3830scores.com comments and listen directly to the Crew talk about WPX in this episode. Since Chris was off doing a post contest vacation with his family, teammate Tim N6WIN sat in to represent the Shawmut Montana effort. Tim is also the station owner/builder of ND7K so his contribution to this episode was expansive. This conversation is packed with contest perspective, operating tips and team leadership advice. Please join us for the conversation and subscribe to the channel. 73, W1DED

VU3IBL, KI5UXW, KI6RRN and 2 others like this.
  2. KI5UXW

KI5UXW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd certainly agree that those crucial first hours are super important in setting the "mood" for the rest of the contest. I was lucky enough to work KM7W during the contest and had tons of fun just casually hunting and pouncing to work the world with just my Chameleon MPAS Lite and TS-440S!
    I'm very much looking forward to the next CQ WPX SSB!

W1DED likes this.
  3. VA3HIE

VA3HIE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Id love to just be there and watch for a day. I think it would be extremely interesting.