ad: ProAudio-1

CQ to "Jump-Start" Print Edition With January Issue - November and December Issues to be Digital Onl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2HAT, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB2QWH

WB2QWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Like everyone else has said, we have heard this one before. I hesitated to renew my subscription last summer because of this issue with CQ. My subscription ends this summer and I am not going to renew.

KK4ME likes this.
  2. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm going to see what happens with the remainder of my subscription as far as timeliness. The $37 is not allot of $$$ for me in my yearly hamateur radio budget, yes I have a budget and never exceed it.

3. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Last hard copy I saw was Sept. Were there any print editions after that date?

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I have an October, 2017 paper issue here, it arrived before Thanksgiving, but I don't recall the exact date.

Happy New Year 2018 73 K2HAT

5. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

CQ Magazine went downhill after Wayne Green (SK) W2NSD/1 K1FYP left it and founded 73 Magazine in 1960.

6. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

That's as may be, but for right now there's so much of it all over the Internet that I find using any browser without it to be completely impractical. Too many sites just don't work without it.

7. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

I realize that I haven't even cracked the cover on one of my QSTs in months, but I DO read the digital version on my iPad. The only reason I want the print version is for archiving, which will survive digital format changes, hardware interlace standards changes etc. Just nice to have something to box and put on the shelf. But for magazines especially count me as "converted" to preferring to read on my tablet.

8. W0JD

W0JD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have been a digital only subscriber for years and happy with the content and the value provided by "CQ". Will continue to subscribe as long as the content warrants.

9. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Why flash? Why not just pdf or html type pages....?

KB9VGD and KC9YGN like this.
  10. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

An 'honest" question here folks!

Of those of you who are subscribed to the print version only, how many of last year's issues did you actually receive?
    And...
    Of the one you "did receive" how many, if any, of them were in your hands "before" the beginning of the month they were for?
    Or....
    How many of the ones you did receive were in your hands "before" the 1st week of the month had expired?

N0GB likes this.
  11. KD4RDS

KD4RDS Ham Member QRZ Page

An 'honest" question here folks!

Of those of you who are subscribed to the print version only, how many of last year's issues did you actually receive?
    And...
    Of the one you "did receive" how many, if any, of them were in your hands "before" the beginning of the month they were for?
    Or....
    How many of the ones you did receive were in your hands "before" the 1st week of the month had expired?

12. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Ten
    Zero
    Zero

13. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Last issue I have was Sept.

14. W2JUV

W2JUV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wanted to read CQ mag on my Samsung tablet, until I learned the Zinio reader CQ uses requires Adobe Flash Player. Android operating systems don't support Adobe Flash. Subscription cancelled

15. WO1X

WO1X QRZ Member QRZ Page

I received the email today about the January issue available on Zino or whatever the spelling is on the website. I have had no problems with the app on the iPad at all. The magazine renders exactly like a smaller version of the magazine in print format.

Like many of all of you, I had many delivery issues of the print version so I gave up and went electronic only about two years ago.

Happy New Year to all!