ad: M2Ant-1

Col Sidney B Hudson, K4GAO.

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KL7KN, Aug 9, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Born 3 Sep 1936 in Verbena, Chilton County, Alabama, USA
    DEATH 6 Sep 2002 (aged 66) Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, USA

A resident of Las Vegas for 31 years, he was a retired Air Force colonel and fighter pilot and a Vietnam War veteran. As a Lt Col he was the Commander of the 78 Tactical Fighter Sqdn (RAF Woodbridge, England) for a time. He flew F4Dss with the famous Triple Nichel (555 Tactical Fighter Sqdn, RVN) Later, he ran the MAAG, Islamabad, Pakistan. After that, he retired to civilian life in Las Vegas.
    He is survived by his wife, Therese A.; one daughter, Cecily Murray of Palo Alto, Calif.; two brothers, Samuel R. Hudson of Verbena and David E. Hudson of Atlanta; and one grandchild.

Licensed as K4GAO, he was active in the USAF MARS program in NV. I ran into Sid while running the USAF MARS program for NV.
    He was quite the character and a very knowledgeable ham radio operator that enjoyed sharing his (vast) knowledge with others. In one example, he showed me how to repair damaged solar panels obtained as 'surplus/salvage' and get some use from these devices.

I can say without reservation, that I am a better person for having known Sid.

I've posted this as he has not been remembered here.

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

DON, WE ARE ALL VERY SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR GOOD FRIEND.

Tuesday, September 10, 2002
    Las Vegas Review-Journal

Sidney Byron Hudson, 66, died Friday.

He was born Sept. 3, 1936, in Verbena, Ala. An Air Force veteran of the Vietnam War, he was a retired fighter pilot and a 31-year resident of Las Vegas.

He is survived by his wife, Therese of Las Vegas; daughter, two brothers and a grandchild.

Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery. The family requests memorial donations be made to the Air Warrior Courage Foundation, P.O. Box 882, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538; or the Salvation Army, P.O. Box 28369, Las Vegas, NV 89126. Davis Paradise Valley Funeral Home handled arrangements.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/102711808/sidney-byron-hudson

K4GAO a beautiful flag carmen TALL.jpg

A FINAL SALUTE U.S. AIR FORCE.jpg

1 1 a beautiful funeral flower NEW.jpg

K4GAO QRZ 1993 DATABASE.jpg

1 1 a arrl candle.jpg

@KL7KN