ad: Retevis-1

Charter Member, Past AMSAT President William A. “Bill” Tynan, W3XO, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N8HM, Aug 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N8HM

N8HM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is with great sadness that AMSAT reports one of its founding directors and charter members, William A. (Bill) Tynan, W3XO, passed away peacefully at his home on Tierra Linda Ranch in Kerrville Texas, on August 7, 2018. He was 91.

https://www.amsat.org/bill-tynan-w3xo-sk/

2. K8JA

K8JA Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill Tynan W3XO Was a Very Well Respected member of the Ham Radio Community...
    Bill Was a 50 Mhz And Above Operator And Worked him Many Times During The
    VHF and Above Contests... He Certainly will be Missed By Many ...R.I.P. Mr Tynan...

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

William A. Tynan, W3XO SK

KERRVILLE — William Almas Tynan died at his home on Tierra Linda Ranch in Kerrville, Texas, on Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018. Tynan was a resident of Tierra Linda for the past 29-plus years and very much enjoyed living in the Texas Hill Country.

He was born on Oct. 12, 1926, in Saint Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota, to Maurice I. Tynan and Mable J. Almas Tynan. For the first 10 years of his life, Tynan lived in Saint Paul, then moved to the Washington area when his father received a position with the U.S. government. Living in the Maryland suburbs of D.C., Tynan attended elementary, junior high and high school in Montgomery County, Maryland; spent one year at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland; then enrolled at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York, graduating with degrees in electrical and management engineering in 1950. Tynan was employed by The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Maryland, in 1951, retiring in 1988. At JHU/APL, he participated in the development of several U.S. Navy missiles, including the Tomahawk Cruise Missile.
    http://dailytimes.com/obituaries/article_72fbd1a8-9ca4-11e8-97d6-d77caedfcd4b.html

4. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't know Bill was involved with the cruise missile program. I fielded that BGM-109 nuclear-tipped cruise missile in the 80's with the USAF.
    We're all linked in some fashion!
    RIP, Bill.

N5RFX likes this.