ad: Flexradio-1

Charles E. Ring Jr. W3NU SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by M0WNU, Jun 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M0WNU

M0WNU Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great sadness I bring the news of the passing of Charles E. Ring Jr. W3NU, of Brookfield, OH, on June 6th 2018, he was 66.

Though I sadly did not have the opportunity to work Charles on air, I mostly spoke to him over the Internet on IRC for nearly 20 years, and it is through those channels I found out about this very sad news I bring today.

You will be very sadly missed Charles, by all those who knew you on air and online and in person.

Charles' obituary can be found here: https://www.nicholasfuneralhome.com/notices/Charles-RingJr

RIP Charles

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Charles E. Ring, Jr, W3NU SK

[​IMG]

QCWA Number: 21546
    OOTC Number: 4242

Charles Edward Ring Jr.
    July 25, 1951 ~ June 6, 2018 (age 66)
    Charles Edward Ring Jr. of Brookfield, passed away on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 7:04 p.m. in St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital. He was 66.

Charles was born in Cambridge, OH on July 25, 1951, the son of the late Charles E. Sr. and Eunice Munhollon Ring.

Mr. Ring was a 1969 graduate of Niles McKinley High School.

He was employed as the Chief Engineer for WPIC in Sharon, PA for over 25 years. Prior to his employment for WPIC, Charles worked for WNIO.

He was of Catholic Faith. Charles was a ham radio operator for many years and enjoyed tinkering with electronics in his free time. Mr. Ring was fortunate, he found a hobby that he was passionate about and turned it into a life long career.

Charles is survived by a brother, Joe (Mary Ann) Ring of Niles; and Charles’s four-legged companion for the past 18 years, his dog Jenny.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Friends and family may view the obituary and send condolences by visiting www.NicholasFuneralHome.com

Calling hours will be on Thursday, June 14, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Wm Nicholas Funeral Home & Cremation Services 614 Warren Ave. Niles, OH 44446.

A memorial service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 14, 2018 in the funeral home with Fr. James Korda, pastor of St. Stephen Church.

Inurnment will take place in St. Stephen Cemetery.
    https://www.nicholasfuneralhome.com/notices/Charles-RingJr