ad: QuirkyQRP-1

CC&R\'s

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

WD6EJN writes "Am I alone?
    I am listening to a rare DX station, and pileup, and the Housing Association President is hovering outside!

They are trimming the trees, which I am not too happy about in the first place because we need the extra shade, especially when the power will go out just when we need it (to power the air conditioner this summer) also making the installation of an invisible long wire impossible.

We have CC&R's/antenna restrictions. I need to go out on my porch and adjust the top section of my Flag pole antenna to try to make a QSO with the rare DX, In order to get the most out of what little power I can use under these circumstances. When I put the Flag pole antenna back up recently after the wind had blown it down several months ago, I couldn't be happier to hear all the signals I have missed, but making contact with any ham over 100 miles is another story.

Very true, I am lucky to have been able to put the 8 foot Flag pole antenna up in the first place (the management will figure out a way to take it (American Flag) down, or they will fine me). But the duress I have gone through in the last twenty years or so, hardly make it worth it.

I am just wondering... am I alone? or does anybody else share this dilemma. No I am not a lawyer or doctor, no I am not retired from JPL or NASA, I cannot and probably (unless I win the California Lottery) will not ever have enough real estate for an "antenna farm". I did go the route of ham radio class and worked my butt off practicing Morse Code for years and eventually passing the test. But now there are so few amateur radio operators left on the air to (traditionally) QSO within range, I am just wondering if you are all on the internet or if there are any other hams out there with the same predicament.

I would also like to know what you use for an antenna to make these rare dx contacts with antenna restrictions I always hear about (no not remote base) why don't you share some secrets with the rest of us before we (and the ham bands) go away for ever."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.