ad: Schulman-1

Callsign Search - iPhone mobile callsign app for QRZ updated

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4FV, Aug 13, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4FV

K4FV QRZ Lifetime Member #220 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Neil Kutchera, K4FV, is pleased to announce the release of Callsign Search version 3.0 into the iTunes store.

This FREE iPhone and iPad app provides for QRZ call sign lookups including complete licensee information along with their photo and biographical information (if provided on QRZ.COM).

An interactive map is available showing the licensee's QTH along with the distance and heading from your current location. (Requires GPS permission. Tap to zoom.)

The most significant feature of the update is the new electronic keyboard which includes a top number row permitting easier entry of call signs.

As call signs are entered they are stored on the device and displayed on the history screen. This can be used as a mini logbook. The app can send this log in CSV format via email. Individual entries can be removed at anytime or the entire log cleared. (The log is limited to 1,000 entries and includes only the call sign, date and time.)

Please go to Apple iTunes for a complete description and to download the app.
    Link here: Callsign Search

The app is 100% free of charge, no advertisements or in app purchases.

Suggestions are always welcome and will be considered for future updates. If you enjoy using the app please consider posting a review on iTunes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

SM6LRR, K2AFY, KA1AAA and 2 others like this.
  2. K4FV

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    EB1BSV likes this.
  3. KD8TNF

KD8TNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Works great - Any relation to Bob Kutchera formely of Cleveand Ohio, aerial mapping pilot? - Thanks 73 CW

4. W6TN

W6TN Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you leaving out those of us, who use Android instead of iOS? Thank you.
    73, Trung W6TN

WU2F likes this.
  5. WU2F

WU2F Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a near functionally identical app for android called Ham Radio Call, which I've linked for your convenience.

Oh, and check out my friend's free US Amateur Radio Band Plan app, while you're at it. ;)

6. WH6EAO

WH6EAO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Aloha Neil...great app! and yeah, i use it as a quick entry logbook in case I don't have pen and paper...it comes in handy. The only suggestion I have is the email feature, I don't use the Iphone's built-in email app, any chance of incorporating the gmail app or others? Otherwise great work and mahalo (thank you) for providing the app.

mahalo,
    Odell - WH6EAO

7. K4FV

KD8TNF - CW; No relation, that I'm aware of, to Bob Kutchera of Cleveland OH.

W6TN - Trung; there are similar apps currently available for Android, such as QRZDroid. My goal is to have the premier QRZ app for the iOS platform.

WH6EAO - Odell; Great suggestion. I will look at incorporating a "Send Items" option when emailing the log file.

Neil
    K4FV

8. W6TN

W6TN Ham Member QRZ Page

Anson, WU2F, & Neil, K4FV.
    Thank you for your Android references.
    73, Trung W6TN

WU2F likes this.
  9. VK4NAO

VK4NAO Ham Member QRZ Page

Now this is an App worth having, works seamlessly, thanks whoever the author is

10. N1XDS

N1XDS Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Just downloaded it to my iPhone 6plus!

11. K4PDM

K4PDM Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the app whenever I operate and always thought it was great.

It is now simply awesome. So much quicker with the numbers on the same keyboard, and the other features are appreciated.

K4FV, you rock! Thank you so much for your efforts.

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You do not need a app for a Android. ;)

13. W2BSN

W2BSN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Much improved, and Much appreciated. Thanks Neil

14. CN8VO

CN8VO Ham Member QRZ Page

Just downloaded it to my iPhone, 10x & 73's
    CN8VO/Abdou

15. W1WH

W1WH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice job Neil! I really appreciate this app.