ad: M2Ant-1

Beat The HOA With A Stealth Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Aug 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WS4BSA

WS4BSA Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you use to wrap the antenna and where can the wrap be purchase?

2. WA4KBM

WA4KBM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same issue with our HOA. I'm using my gutter as an antenna. 9:1 unun with an RF choke in the shack and a manual tuner it works just fine on 80m, 40m and 10m bands.

3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Rules are rules

4. KO4LZ

KO4LZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've worked DXCC, WAS, and VUCC (6m and 90% done with 2m) using only indoor attic antennas -- pics on my QRZ page.

5. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

The neighbour's and associations don't give two hoots whether it has radials or not. It's the vertical height they object to, not whether it's got radials. They don't even know what radials are. Basically anything over a certain height requires planning permission in the UK

6. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a stealth random wire antenna, made with very thin, black-jacketed wire and mounted to minimize mechanical stress on soldered connections and on the wire itself. It's been up for about a year now. So far so good. It is visible against a light background or a blue sky, but no one has complained about it. It really is pretty innocuous and much less of an eyesore than (e.g.) a satellite dish. If anyone does complain, I plan to go out and find the biggest, ugliest TV antenna money can buy and mount it for maximum visibility.