ad: k1jek

Back into the MANNED Space Program

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W4LGH, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4LGH

W4LGH Ham Member QRZ Page

STS-121 blasted off this afternoon with a perfect launch! Its great to be back into the manned space program again. Also what a way to Celebrate the 4th of July, our countries Birthday with the Rockets Red Glare!

Took this shot of the launch this afternoon from my home is St Augustine, Fl. about 140 miles north of the cape. Hope you enjoy!

73 de W4LGH - Alan
    http://www.w4lgh.com[/img][​IMG]

2. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

I will feel a lot better when they land. [​IMG]

3. KI4NNL

KI4NNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Your lucky, I am outside of Gainesville and there was just enough cloud cover to obscure the launch, had to watch it on the web via nasa tv.

4. W4LGH

W4LGH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, we'll all feel better when they land, but one thing about NASA... they have gone over and over the original problems, and I believe everything will be 100% OK!

Just about every hi-tech gaget we have, has come from the space pgm. Each flight develops new and inovative products that will trickle down in time.

Let's all wish them the best of luck...
    73 de W4LGH - Alan
    http://www.w4lgh.com

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Godspeed, to the Shuttle crew. They put on a Fourth of July display that's impossible to beat!

Each mission is fraught with dangers, both known and unknown. Unfortunately, we've found that out twice. Hopefully, never again. The astronauts know there's a risk, and accept that. Kudos to the men and women on the Astronaut team! They're the greatest!

6. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the Shuttle is like the 'wonderful one horse shay'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.