ad: TinyPaddle-1

ARRL Encouraging Amateurs to File Comments Opposing FCC Fee Proposal

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5XS, Oct 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Umm, not sure where you get that idea.

My point is, I feel very generous when motivated.

Volunteers are self motivated, for a variety of reasons.

And the rewards are beyond mere $$. There's some motivation!

K5WW likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

La preocupación razonable para los demás no es una cruzada moral. Es la naturaleza del ser humano.

3. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will oppose the fee, it the FCC will agree to ban FT-8....:eek::eek::eek:

B5462DE4-D3D3-4D1C-87C1-26C6E6F4380F.gif

K5WW and WN1MB like this.
  4. WB9YTG

WB9YTG Ham Member QRZ Page

$50 isn’t unreasonable.

K5WW and N3FAA like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps it may be helpful to learn from those who disagree with you, rather than falsely characterizing them and placing them in convenient boxes of your own creation.

KA9JLM and KE4ITL like this.
  6. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I get a little upset when I read about yet ANOTHER government backed plan to drain our wallets, when the freeloaders in office do nothing to earn their keep!
    The law states that powers not granted government, are reserved to the 'states', or to the people.
    The F.C.C has np constitutional right to exist, legally, but it was forced upon us.
    why are we supporting our own demise by allowing this form of predation to even exist?
    WE THE PEOPLE are the ONLY LEGAL OWNERS, and government by any other name, derives its powers through OUR legitimate authority, NOT the other way around!
    I believe it is time to begin shuttering the doors of the F.C C and make them feel the heat, after all, they work for us, or are supposed to, time we make them earn their pay, the RIGHT way!

7. KA9UCE

As we, as a service, donate time, resources and manpower to help others without charge, WHY are we being billed for such a foolish thing?
    Government has billions they hand freely to China, WHY NOT AMERICANS?
    I for one, and tiring of being billed for every thing, and see no benefit to those fees and permission slips (licenses) simpley because some bonehead politician thinks it should be implemented, but they are not the ones risking life and limb for free during hurricanes and tornadoes, floods Etc...WE ARE, and we have since the service began!
    How about the phone patches during wars? Health and welfare checks from family on opposite shores, concerned about their loved ones in crisis? Did government come to the rescue and offer assistance? NO!
    These fees, according to the sheep, are 'acceptable'...NO, they are not!
    Not in the entire grand picture of all the amateur community does for FREE, government ASSumes it MUST MAKE MONEY on everything, so it can be handed to freeloader politicians and their pet projects, or nations that despise us. Sorry, I am tired of picking up the tab everytime some whiny baby cries because their gold card insurance does not cover sliver removal at 2AM.
    This is WHY we are being abused, because AMATEURS WILL NOT STAND UP AND SAY NO!
    We appear more like Tom Thumb....MAY I HAVE SOME MORE, SIR?

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK,

So let's say Massachusetts set up its own 'radio rules'.

And 'radio taxes'.

Do you actually think we [language] would pay --less-- than if the Feds regulated the airwaves?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2020
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please remember this is not "Just Talking - Politics" and language rules are also in effect.

Appreciated

Dave
    W7UUU

K5WW likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK...

But the term you removed is standard usage. There is a donut shop in Arlington MA--2 miles from me-- with that name, for example.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  11. K4VMG

K4VMG QRZ Lifetime Member #302 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Our local representative was questioned on this and he said it was a tactical move. God knows how that works but they seem to think it does.

12. KA9UCE

Where would THAT money go once taken from us?
    There MUST be a legitimate NEED or reason for the fee, not justified as necessary, as it is not.
    This is no different than state license plates...a fee that supports the predation, to validate its existence.
    How is another fee 'unreasonable' in the vast sea of fees, regulatory costs, extortion fines, and outright theft, become reasonable?
    If we are going to be billed for providing free service, then maybe we should start charging a fee for what we do.
    That sounds 'reasonable', does it not?
    Government validates theft the same way...but I digress, theft by any means, is theft, and wrong.
    What could government do, if the people finally united and said NO!?
    Now, the sheep have drawn a line in the sand...cross it and find out your penalty!
    Why are the sheep defending the actions of the wolf....WHY?
    We already pay more and more fees...it never stops!
    None can be validated as 'necessary', but they continue to dig for more revenue streams, expecting the people to bow down, cough up the cash, and act as if they are grateful for being robbed...DUMB!

13. KA9UCE

I guess I am going to give up on amateur radio, and push for commercial use of the bands, since many are not able to think beyond orders and bowing to theft.
    Ham radio lost its appeal...I am done.
    Please CANCEL my membership here!
    SHEEP WILL NEVER LEARN....GOOD BYE!

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please send an email to support@qrz.com to place a formal request to have your account closed and/or deleted.

We don't cancel accounts based on a posting request like this

Dave
    W7UUU

K5WW likes this.
  15. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I'm pretty sure he'll post again...;)

KE0GXN and W7UUU like this.