ad: HamHats-1

AROAW - a new organization for hams

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K8RCZ, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8RCZ

K8RCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a new organization for Amateur Radio Operators who are intrested in preserving our hobby while promoting  etiquitte and the integrity of ham radio. With multiple weekly nets, technical forums, contests and awards planned, there's a something for everyone and an opportunity for all to share their talents and expertise to keep Amateur Radio strong. This is an organization that is truly "by the people, for the people". Click on the following link to check it out -
    Amateur Radio Operators of America and the World

2. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Went there been there does not interest me I think I'll save my money. Been to too many clubs that someone did not like you for this and that reason. SRI Charley .:blues:

3. K8RCZ

Charley,

No problem if your not interested, but save your money, we don't want it, it's free. Sorry about your bad experiences. Nobody needs that. Thanks for looking.

Bob

4. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

It asked me why I want to join. Should I have said because there was a notice on QRZ asking us to join?

Apparently no one has joined yet. Or no one has been 'invited' to join? Or no one has been permitted to join? I'll stop by later and see if there is any activity. We'll see where it goes. The stated objective of returning etiquette to the ham bands is a good one. I doubt we can turn back the clock, though, on either ham radio or society. It will be interesting to see if anything along that line occurs, though I hate to be a cynic about it!

Good luck, anyway.

Ed

5. K8RCZ

Ed,

Thanks for joining. Sorry for the delay in processing your request, I'm back & forth between home and the woods getting ready for deer season. As you will see we are growing. I'm afraid I agree that we can not turn back time but perhaps we can try to help people recognize the qualities that make ham radio so great and not just another CB. Welcome aboard!

Bob
    K8RCZ

p.s anyone else requesting membership, please be patient and I should have everyone caught up by Thursday 11/18. Thanks.

6. AE4TR

AE4TR Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]   I went to those pages and discovered that they are very hard to read.  Much improvement is needed in the presentation, (colors)   If I had to look at them very long, I would be seeing crazy colors in my sleep.  Otherwise it might be worth looking into.  I believe I will just stay here on qrz.  It is the best all around site I have found for help, and a place to vent your feelings, and complaints.   Thanks anyway.  Ben...  [​IMG]

7. N4EZZ

N4EZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I admire the idea. I think the problem of etiquette on the radio or anywhere else comes down to lack of respect for others and I think it is a monumental problem for our world. Good luck with that. Please fix the colors on the web site.

8. K8RCZ

As requested by many, we've (AROAW) changed the colors of some of our screens to make it easier on the eyes and made it easier to join. Joining the MSN Net is not required to become a member of AROAW (nor is your money). As we prepare to bring things to full speed, please know that we will focus our efforts on "on the air" activities as this is what we are about. Our website activity will only support our "action on the air" philosophy.

73 and enjoy our hobby. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.