ad: TinyPaddle-1

Another are you ready for - ARRL Sweepstakes (CW)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K6DWI, Nov 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW: Nov 7, 2100Z to Nov 9, 0300Z

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I was ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

KK9W and N3FAA like this.
  3. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is probably the only contest I have never worked before, due to my work schedule. What the hell is up with the exchange? Might as well throw mother's maiden name in there too.

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave,... Do you have any rig to get on-the-air with ?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

If all goes as planned, I will be ... for my VERY first time ... an SWL using a Graymark Regen receiver from the kitchen table!! How cool is that??

I LOVE a challenge. Dug some wire out of the muck for a 30 foot wire antenna, fired up the Graymark (@N3AB - big thanks to him!), and will endeavor to spend some hours copying call signs.

Sounds like FUN actually! I will work the Graymark (as an SWL) in between "mucking out of the garage" which is a long ongoing project for now.

I always try to keep "the sunny side up"

Dave
    W7UUU

6. W5BIB

Could/would you have use for a:

Heathkit HW-9(WARC)
    HFT-9
    HM-9
    SP-99
    HWA-2036-3 (sorry, don't have the matching power supply) :(

I know that, with you, this gear would have a good home !

(I'm in the Christmas spirit) :D Besides,... I'm almost 74 & have come to the conclusion that "Life's too short (for me) for QRP" - I'm back to 100w & a wire ;)

dit dit

7. W7UUU

You're just too kind, Steve. But really - I'm OK. I did lose a BEAUTIFUL Heathkit HW-9 in the fire :(

But let's just take anything like that off line.

I will be OK and insurance will make me go from "Hole" to "Whole" - it just takes time

Dave
    W7UUU

8. W5BIB

Sending PM

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was ready. I knew I had some fiddling to do with N1MM. In the process of setting it up with the 7610 for FSK (for the last big RTTY contest), I knew I'd changed some things I should not have changed. Luckily, I knew where the problem probably lay.

Got done, went on the air for Sweepstakes in my no longer quite so hardcore fashion and had a great weekend.

Now? Hard to believe another Sweepstakes has come and gone. Oh, I know there'll be the phone edition...but to me that always seems a little more like work and less like fun than CW. :(

10. W4NNF

I dunno, OM. Seems pretty simple to me. No RST or anything. Just serial number, class, check number and section. I suppose they could leave the class out...but not a big deal to send and A or M or whatever. :)

11. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was actually ready this year...the first time in 48 years that SS didn't catch me by suprise! So-so conditions at the beginning, but much better for the last 1/3. Lotsa fun....I might even submit a log!
    Eric

12. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been using DXkeeper for logging ever since I discovered electronic logging...hasn't been all that long. A little convoluted converting a Cabrillo file, but I figured that out. Otherwise I like DXkeeper more than N1MM.

13. W4NNF

I think I am sticking with N1MM...I am more comfortable with it every time I use it...and I really, REALLY like the big bandscope display it delivers with my IC 7610. The problem I had with it was me not really understanding what I needed to do to set it and MMTTY up for FSK for RTTY. Doing that with the 7610 requires using one port and one virtual port on the rig. That's the point were poor W4NNF's head began to swim. :eek:

But I figured it out...and I've now gone back and corrected the wrong settings I entered in the process of trying to make it work. :)