ad: elecraft

Amateurs with hearing loss

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by Guest, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I put on my first set of headphones in the 1930s and since then have not taken the necessary precautions to save my hearing that I should have. If you are like me with a hearing loss or are dissatisfied with commercial hearing aids, then welcome to the club. I have had a hearing loss for over 15 years and found hearing aid advice hard to come by. So for the benefit of other amateurs I have uploaded some of my observations along with a hearing aid you can build. See this site,

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/wa6ipd/HearingAid.html

2. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

That "sounds" a weird topic for amateur radio. Except some digital modes, all is around the ear.

As the result of many abuses on my ear drums (shooting w/o protection, diving,...), I myself have light difficulties at hearing some tones on low audio frequencies. Not that much, but enough to avoid some phone pronounciations.
    I was always thinking at what would happen if it would get worst, but sofar it is light and stabilized.

Hope it will help more people to express their opinions and to find solutions for them. Not necessary complicated.

Pierre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.