ad: HamHats-1

Amateur Radio Parity act goes to full committee on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KU0O, Jul 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"I don't really know Jack's position and never implied I did. However I do agree with his mentality when it comes to litigation, if you are going to sue, go all in, which was the point I made. I stand by my statement that hams should read his book."

Who the heck is...Jack??? That's what you typed...

Man, breath before you type. EOF.

2. KU0O

KU0O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah.....who's Jack :D

3. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Did it happen? I just read that Congress is now on vacation for the next 7 weeks.

If I could only figure out how to paste that URL here on this Android tablet. ..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The House calendar has them back in session Tuesday, 6 September - Friday, 30 September (but taking a 4 day weekend mid-month), then Tuesday, 14 November - Thursday, 17 November and Tuesday, 29 November - Friday, 16 December (but taking a 4 day weekend in there)...and that's it.

Getting passage this session isn't impossible (especially if someone includes it in an omnibus bill), but time is running out.

5. KU0O

The next step is the rules committee in the house and then to a floor vote. Then it will be sent over to Senate and there they may have another markup session and then a vote. Finally to the President for his signature.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember: the FCC must include the wording into Part 97 as passed, if passed.

There is still time to solicit house and senate members for further discussion in those chambers, eating up time, so that the bill expires .

We can only hope that this bill will expire, and then be properly worded and introduced in a later session for passage.

7. KU0O

We get this bill passed now and then work on improvements in the next congressional session. Change in congress happens in small steps. Ask for too much and end up with nothing.

N1EN likes this.
  8. N1EN

As I understand it, the word to the lobbyist was that ARRL had to find a compromise with CAI in order to have any hope of passage. The CAI discussions lead to that language as being the only wording acceptable to both parties.

The choice is between a chance at getting uncomfortable wording passed, or maintaining the status quo indefinitely.

I'd love to see something better passed...but it ain't going to happen.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL is not the amateur radio service. And yes, I am a life member of the ARRL. No one named me as one of those parties.

If that's the choice then I enthusiastically will lobby to KILL this bill, in this form, because I am a...

.....wait for it...

A PRO-HAM HAM!

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

What the heck are you talking about??

This is(supposed to be) LAW...it will show up as PART 97....you think that is a sequentially designed, iterative , easy process for change?

Chip W1YW
    -----------------------------------------------------------

JOIN the ranks of the PRO-HAM HAM! Defeat the flawed HR 1301!

11. KU0O

Please show us your replacement language for HR1301. So far all I have seen you do is whine and complain about HR1301 yet you have not offered up a suitable alternative. Lets see your dream legislation.

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nonsense. You always negotiate a draft of a bad deal.

13. N1EN

I should have taken you house-hunting with me last weekend. Walk a mile (or drive 160) in another ham's shoes and you might sing a different song.

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Why, dear Kurt,

I am already doing that. With others. You will see it sometime, but no reason to show it to you now:)

The present bill will expire, and others will work at the new bill. It is a fair speculation that efforts are already happening, legally, to delay passage.

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BS.

I own hundreds of acres of HOA property. Don't presume you know anything about me.