ad: Alphaant-1

ALAN (AL) PUTMAN St. THOMAS, Ontario VA3LX

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by VE3IZM, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3IZM

VE3IZM Ham Member QRZ Page

With profound sadness:

Putman, Alan Frank of St. Thomas, passed away on Wednesday, May 27th, 2009, at his late residence, in his 50th year. Beloved son of the late Rae and Bettie (Cutler) Putman and dearly loved brother of Penny and her husband Brian Harris of Chatham and the late Martin Putman. Dear brother-in-law of Deborah Rochforte-Putman of London. Sadly missed by a niece Jill and nephew Tim and 2 great nephews Myles and Tyson. Dear nephew of Tom and Joyce Cutler and cousin of Jeff Cutler and Bonnie Cutler. Alan was born in St. Thomas on July 24th, 1959. He formerly worked for Shaw Cable. Alan was a member of St. Thomas R.E.A.C.T. and the Elgin Ham Radio Operators. Resting at Williams Funeral Home, 45 Elgin St., St. Thomas (519) 631-0850 where the funeral service will be held Monday June 1st at 1:00 p.m. Interment to follow in Elmdale Cemetery Visitation Saturday from 7-9 p.m. and Sunday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. In lieu of flowers remembrances may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation or the Elgin Ham Radio Operators.

2. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

AL was a great Amateur. I am proud to say he was a friend of mine.

Before I had my license he encouraged me to take the test. Once I passed he loaned me a 2 Meter HT so I could get on the air the same day I took my test.

Although not all that active on HF, he was very active on VHF/UHF and he also was an avid FM/TV Dx'er.

He will be missed very much by the Amateur Community in and around St Thomas Ontario.

May he rest in peace.

Rick, VE3FMC

3. VE3NRJ

VE3NRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Al Putnam sadly passed but forever remembered!

AL Putnam will always be remembered in my soul as my friend and a fellow ham who brought so much passion and drive about our great hobby. For years on end, I could always count on a friendly and enjoyable chat on one of the local repeaters or simplex frequencies around the St.Thomas area with my buddy Al. My heart aches that I was not able to be at Al's memorial service but hopefully everyone who reads this, understands just what a fine example of a human being, friend and ham that this outstanding gentleman truly is. I selfishly console myself that my friend Al is now in a better place and finally free of a tired and worn out body that he never deserved but accepted as part of our world and is now like the airwaves free to travel as he pleases. Hey Al.. 73 for now and say hi to our good friend Bob King VE3LSQ. I will give you guys a call when I get ready to make the trip myself ok! God Bless.. till than. Brads VE3NRJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.