ad: UR5CDX-1

A tale of Two W7HERs

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N7JI, Nov 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Really, really cool :)

2. TA5ABO

TA5ABO Ham Member QRZ Page

What an awesome story.

3. K7SKE

K7SKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super cool feel good story....!

4. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm waiting for someone to say they have a QSL card from Marjory.

Scott N7JI

5. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazing story Scott. Congrats. I recall many QSOs over Usenet in the 80’s and 90’s when you were NF3I in Burtonville MD. Have your card here in the shack still after 3 decades ! Great story. Go Ducks !

6. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, now THAT's cool. That was a lifetime ago.

7. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know, right ? Well...that's ham radio, as you say. A world of coincidence !

8. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One of the best ham radio stories I have seen on QRZ in a long time

KC1DRW likes this.
  9. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

All true!

10. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if anyone maybe has a QSL card from Marjory? I'm sure she/I would LOVE to see it.

11. NA4RA

NA4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love this story!! Thank you for sharing! 73 to you both and good luck to the new W7HER at college.

12. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for sharing this delightful story!

What a marvelous piece, nestled within the "yeah, me-too" drivel (of the same five YouTubers) talking about the same topics over and over again for clicks and cash...

Hannah's journey, told by her Dad, is REAL, its bittersweet, and it has true MEANING.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

13. AI7BQ

AI7BQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Scott. I was browsing QRZ and ran across this article. I read the original in our club newsletter, and I knew you posted it here. You must be so proud of Hannah. You're lucky she chose a college here in town so you two can stay close.

14. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

It was really, really, really, interesting to experience it - the coincidences just kept getting weirder and more interesting.

Thanks for the comment - I'm still waiting to see if anyone has a QSL card from Marjory.

15. KM4LAO

KM4LAO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is such a beautiful story! I greatly enjoyed reading it. I love the connection between you and your daughter, and how you encouraged her to join the hobby but gave her the freedom to do so when she was ready. I smiled through most of the second half of this story and your winding tale of how you found the original W7HER. What an incredible testament to how ham radio brings us together!! I LOVE that both W7HER's were able to finally meet, and hope that they can again in the future.

I'm thrilled that Hannah has won some amateur radio scholarships for the upcoming school year. As an ARRL and Foundation for Amateur Radio scholarship recipient myself, I can attest to how much these foundations have helped me through college. Congrats to her as she embarks on the adventure of college and I hope to work her on the air sometime!!

G0UUU likes this.