ad: HamHats-1

A NEW vhf radio "Ericsson" now on ISS Space Station !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Feb 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

120 volts DC?
    1920 called and they want their electrical system back. I would run into 120 v DC systems every now and again working on very old boats. It was used on larger yachts before WW II and persisted on some tugs and workboats into maybe the 1950s??
    One advantage back when homes had DC service was all your household appliances worked on the boat ;)

2. KM4VTO

KM4VTO Ham Member QRZ Page

I need help
    I just purchased a new F150 and the entire truck is aluminum what are my options to mount a 2m antenna?

3. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what I wrote.

13.8 VDC isn't normally available on the ISS. A dedicated power supply was made for the original Kenwood TM-D700s to allow them to run on the 28 VDC power in the Russian part of the ISS. This was long before the thought of putting ham gear in another part of the ISS, since the Russian segment has multiple antennas that can be used for the ham gear. With the develpment of a ham station in the European Columbus module, not using the same 28 VDC power system found on the Russian part of the ISS, a new power supply that would let the radios work anywhere on the station had to be made.

73!

4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The same as everyone else who owns a metal body vehicle!

5. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

He can't use a mag mount, but everything else is the same.

6. W4MYJ

W4MYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep in mind it costs big bucks, time and effort to qualify every piece of equipment. You can't just substitute any old radio.

Sounds like a $600.00 wrench... I think the "special" is a big sales fooba...