ad: LZQSLprint-1

A Closer Look At N1MM Loggers Spectrum Display

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Sep 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you use N1MM Logger?

Included in the video below are a few goods tips that make this clip worth watching. In addition, see how to setup the Icom 7300, choose the correct COM port, configure N1MM and get the spectrum monitor (display) working.

N1MM Logger Spectrum Custom QRZ Image.png

To learn more about the Icom 7300, please visit my website K0PIR.us.

K4FET, W0PV and N4DJT like this.
  2. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

I use N1MM+ and I have an Icom 7300. The people who develop and maintain N1MM+ are producing an amazing application. I am an avid contester. I did try this and it worked well. I only have 2 monitors, and all the real estate is used, especially on RTTY. Maybe if I add a third monitor, I would use this but I have no trouble with the spectrum display on the front panel. Right now, that will have to wait while I put everything back together that Irma made me take down.
    AF4RK

K0PIR likes this.
  3. K0PIR

Yes I was using it today just as a general logger and making some RTTY contacts and I agree. I have two monitors and if I were to use it in a RTTY contest it would be tight.

The N1MM spectrum display certainly looks nice. I may have to invest in a 4k monitor :)

4. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bearing in mind that N1MM+ is a freeware, it's amazing what they give us! Tnx to everyone involved with this! I'm using the spectrum display with my IC-7300 and what an improvment over the smal built-in scope that IMO is being to smal. The objection that the IC-7300 is lacking an external monitor port is history in my opinion.

K0PIR likes this.
  5. K0PIR

Absolutely, it is amazing what they are doing. I am going to use it this weekend in the CQWWRTTY contest.

6. K0PIR

Yep, working the RTTY contest it sure does make it easy for S&P.

7. K4AFE

K4AFE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When will it be available for a Kenwood TS-990?

8. K0PIR

That's a good question. I don't see any Kenwood compatible transceivers for the Spectrum Display.

Have you seen the Waterfall Bandmap? I tried it with a cheap RTL-SDR, but haven't worked with it much. So if you can add a separate SDR that would work for you.

KD8AQT likes this.
  9. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You need to add a separate SDR receiver to the 990, as Rich writes, as I have to my 590SG. Have an SDR PLay 1 attached to it and it works great. Using N1MM more and more as my daily logg and not only for contesting. Just because of the spectrum, that is hard to live without when one get used to have it.

K0PIR likes this.
  10. Z35U

Z35U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi! I'd be very pleased if somebody share his experience when try to use N1MM with FT-991A?

11. K2LCT

K2LCT Ham Member QRZ Page

ME Too de HR1/K2LCT

12. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Schweet!