ad: CQMM-1

90th Anniversary of the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K0DSL, Jul 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0DSL

K0DSL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Duluth Minnesota area amateurs will be commemorating the 90th Anniversary of the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge on Saturday, August 17, 2019, between 1400 UTC and 2300 UTC by operating portable from the grounds of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Lake Superior Maritime Museaum.

The event is sponsored by the Arrowhead Radio Amateurs Club, Spirit Valley Amateurs, Lake County ARES/RACES in Minnesota, and Douglas County ARES/RACES in Wisconsin.

We will be operating on 20 and 40 meters, SSB, CW, and digital modes.

A certificate will be offered for those stations requesting one, and QSL cards will be available for stations who want one as well.

For more information see the QRZ page for K0DSL or N0B, which will be the special event station call sign.

You can also email me at ke0aqu@charter.net.

Attached Files:

2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

That is great. I grew up seeing the lift bridge, the old toll bridge, the Blatnik bridge, Barkers Island and Park Point out of our kitchen window from the Superior side. I was a member of the Arrowhead Club from about 1962 to 1969, until Uncle Sam decided I should be introduced to warmer parts of the world. I'll be spending the last week of July up there. Can't wait to get some good smoked fish in Canal Park. I've marked my calendar to make sure I make contact with the station.

Regards,
    Ken
    Former WA9GFS

3. K0DSL

Ken, thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated. I will make note of your call sign.

Diane, K0DSL

4. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone up that way doing the International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend, that same day?

https://illw.net/

I see you have a few lighthouses around there as well.

5. K0DSL

Not to my knowledge.

6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Is N0B on the air. It is about 17:30 UTC here in the state of Virginia. I've been monitoring 40 and 20 meter FT8, and tuning around 7200-7300 SSB and 14.225-14.350 SSB since about 1600 UTC. I'm not hearing N0B or anyone answering N0B.

Thanks,
    Ken, W4KJG
    Winchester, VA
    Former Arrowhead Amateur Radio Club 1962-1969
    Former WA9GFS

P.S. I was at the bridge when the Arthur M. Anderson passed under the bridge three weeks ago.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019