ad: M2Ant-1

6M and 2M AM Skeds Wanted!!! (Vic Philly - NYC Areas)

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N3IBX, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3IBX

N3IBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All,
    Is anyone interested in setting up VHF AM Skeds on 6M or 2M? It's not necessary to do it with a tube type rig (although it would be FBOM) you can even have a solid state rig. For 2M I'm using a Lafayette HA-1200 with 13W output into a 4 ele yagi, and for 6M a Clegg 99'er for about 6W into a 3 element yagi. Both antennas are on the same mast and rotatable.

Suggested operating frequencies are 144.400 on 2M and 50.4 on 6M, though I'm frequency agile.

Get out your Benton Harbor Lunchbox, Clegg 99'er, Lafayette HA-650 portable or ricebox and lets give it a try, shall we? It's a lot of fun.

I'm between Phila and NYC and have a somewhat reliable contact area of about 50-75 miles or so.

I have a few people who would like to try 6M or 2M AM so if you have something that can go on the band and mode, let's give it a try. It's a lot of fun and will give some people a new operating mode and use for some long lost rig that had buried in bowels of someones' basement shack or outbuilding.

Mod-U-later,
    Joe Cro N3IBX

2. KI4QFL

KI4QFL Ham Member QRZ Page

If both my 6mtr and 2mtr rigs were SSB I would love to give this a shot.

3. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure, 50400 would work fine. I will be on the road until next Wednesday but just about anytime after that will work for me. I don't think it will be a problem as I am in FN21ib not far from Tannersville, PA. I have a IC551D & 180 watt amp. Antenna is a 4 element home brew quad at 40' about 2000' ASL. Let me know, you can leave a message here or email me (email is on my QRZ homepage) 73

4. N3IBX

Hello, I would love to work you but my gridsquare is FN20nh and I think we may be just a little too far to pull it off. Regardless, if you'd like to try then so would I. One never knows when enhanced conditions may be in on the "Magic Band" - hi! Drop me a email at: n3ibx@verizon.net when you think you may want to get on the air. We can setup a sked.

I'm about 28 miles NNE of Phila Pa in FN20nh.
    Hope to hear from you and above all work you!
    Very best regards,
    Joe Cro N3IBX

5. WA8UEG

What's the best days/times for you to be on? I have my office in my home so just about anytime is good for me when I am not traveling.

6. N3IBX

The best time of day for me is about 8PM or so. Does that fit into your schedule? Please let me know. I'm flexible and can be QRV during the daytime as well.

I'll be monitoring 50.400 AM

73, de Joe Cro N3IBX

7. WA8UEG

Sent an email to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.