ad: MyersEng-1

4O3A Signature Releases Antenna Genius v3 Firmware and Windows App

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA7XT, Sep 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA7XT

AA7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Igalo, Montenegro & Grand Junction, Colorado - September 19, 2015 - Sky Sat Communications founder and CEO Ranko Boca (amateur radio callsign 4O3A) today announced the official release of the Antenna Genius v3 firmware and Windows app, a free upgrade available for download starting today. V3 adds three, much-requested new features:

• Stacking: combine multiple Antenna Genius 8x2 Plus for 16x2, 24x2, and even 32x2 switching capability, this feature available only on the ‘Plus’ models

• Output Module control: control sixteen accessory OM (Output Module) relays, available on the 8x1 Plus and 8x2 Plus models, 4O3A OM sold separately

• Three user programmable bands: can be any of range of frequencies supported by your transceiver, plus the amateur radio band edges can now also be user programmed

Antenna GeniusTM brings the antenna switch (also known as a coax switch) into the 21st Century routing up to thirty-two antennas to one or two transceivers with best-in-class port-to-port isolation (75 dB worst case), high power handling (3 kW at high duty cycle), plus the capability to be transceiver band-switched via legacy BCD or ‘pin to port’ lines as well as the 100 Mbps TCP/IP port. AG has support for the FlexRadio SmartSDR API - SmartSDR will directly control AG over LAN (and Antenna Genius is available in the FlexRadio online store as well as from 4O3A.com and Force12inc.com).

The 4O3A Genius product line - which includes Antenna Genius, Rotator Genius, and Interface Genius - is distinguished by its prioritization of TCP/IP over LAN for communication, both between 4O3A Genius line devices and with third party radio communications equipment and software. 4O3A Genius products were designed as network devices from the beginning, not as a ‘bolted on’ feature. Ethernet delivers faster data orders of magnitude faster than USB (and serial) protocols which means vastly more control capability and the ubiquitous nature of TCP/IP enables ‘access anywhere, anytime from almost anything.’

"I am thrilled to be delivering a major Antenna GeniusTM firmware and Windows App upgrade free-of-charge to our user base," says Ranko, "I am eager to share with my ham friends around the world the productivity and control capability I’ve been building for my own ham contest station."

Force 12 CEO Bill Hein said: “All summer I’ve been testing the v3 upgrade at W0LFA, the Force 12 club station, and love the new features. 4O3A Genius products turbocharge our station.”

4O3A Signature is the amateur radio product line from Sky Sat Communications d.o.o. of Igalo, Montenegro. Established in 1990, Sky Sat is well known in the professional broadcasting equipment business.

Force 12 has sold tens of thousands of their cutting-edge antenna designs since the early ‘90s. Force 12 Superstore offers a wide selection of Force 12’s high performance antennas and also represents in North America the 4O3A Signature line of station automation devices, triplexers, filters, and plus products from AlfaSpid, AN Wireless, Balun Designs, Davis RF, Gadgetpriority Electronics, Ground HQ, KF7P Metalwerks, LDG Electronics, Leo Bodnar (Electronics), SSB-Electronic, Stauff Corp., Texas Antennas Baluns, and Tornado Tuners.

North America Contact:

Jon Kimball
    Force 12 Superstore
    784 Valley Court C3
    Grand Junction, CO 81505-8722 USA

www.Force12inc.com

Sales@Force12inc.com

Ph: (888) 998-8541

###