ad: Envistia-1

3B8CF - S.K

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by MM0NDX, Nov 18, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to read of Jacky’s passing. His signal was like a beacon for propagation to the Indian Ocean for many years.
    R.I.P.

G4UCJ, 3B8GL, K8PG and 1 other person like this.
  3. KA1F

KA1F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A really nice guy. Nice to everyone and fun to chat with when he was here in the states.

G4UCJ and 3B8GL like this.
  4. VA3JK

VA3JK Ham Member QRZ Page

My condolences to his family. One of the first 3B8 stations I worked in the early 80s, good cw operator. R.I.P.

G4UCJ and 3B8GL like this.
  5. OE6IWG

OE6IWG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

vy sad Info of Jacky’s sk (!)
    i wkd him 1st time 2017-nov-16.
    My condolences to his family - R.I.P.

3B8GL likes this.
  6. 3B8GL

3B8GL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all for your messages of sympathy.
    Regards de 3B8GL Ashwin ( 3B8CF Jacky's eldest son)

W5ESE, WB5YUZ and AB8MA like this.
  7. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am so sorry I just now saw this - I was pretty sick at the time it happened.

From 1998 to about 2014, I had two long-wire antennas for 40m. They were too low but I didn't realize that. They still worked pretty well for DX.

For some reason, I often heard Jacky well with one of them, and we had many QSOs. Several times after one of our QSOs I would listen and he would call and call and nobody else from NA would answer him. With today's spotting apps and sites, I rather imagine that wouldn't have happened.

So long, Jacky!

G4UCJ and W5ESE like this.
  8. W5ESE

W5ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry for the loss to your family. 73 Scott

9. K3NK

K3NK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am very sorry to hear about Jacky's passing. My first contact with Jacky was on CW in May 1979 and had many FB QSOs on several bands over the years since then. He was a very good operator and will be missed on the air. My condolences to his family. RIP Jacky.

73, Jim K3NK