ad: Radclub22-1

2017 : NEW Dualbander DMR coming soon by TYT and Retevis !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IW2BSF, Jun 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ANOTHER PROBLEM .... THE TRACK BALL !

by TYT :

Did anybody worried about the roll- ball will easy defected?

Do not worry, after using some time, the ball will be dirty and because of some dust or tiny items,the rolling function also not so smoothly, just like HOME key of Iphone.

But changing this is very easy. Just Remove it and change new one,which will not make the waterproof lost its efficacy.
    If meet anything do not understand, please see the video:

it's not good this..... this is a NEW radioooooooo !!!! hi .... NO COMMENT :-(

2. IW2BSF

TYT also released a new firmware update for the MD-2017 to accommodate the code plug conversion and fix a few bugs.

The new firmware resolves the following:

· Resolved an audio issue in repeater mode, when the same frequency is on both A and B sides and one is on time slot 1 and the other is on time slot 2

· Under the Zone setting, the same channel can now be assigned for both A and B sides

· The MD-2017 can open and use the data from the MD-380

· In Digital Mode, the Monitor function can monitor the conversations in different group and single calls

TYT assured us the new firmware would be included with the radio when it arrives.

possibile this FIX in the new FW 1.16 ??

3. IW2BSF

TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR and MFJ-849 Digital SWR Watt Meter Reviews by K6UDA

“Curiosity got the best of me. I finally ordered a DMR handheld radio and picked the new TYT MD-2017 UHF/VHF DMR Analog unit. I’ve never used a DMR radio before and wanted to see if an average guy could program it and get on the air.How does DMR compare to D-Dstar? I also got a new digital SWR /Power meter from MFJ just in time for Field Day. This is the MFJ-849 Digital SWR/Watt Meter. What do I think of it?”

4. IW2BSF

5. IW2BSF

for game..... HOW TO CREATE YOUR LOGO IN COLOUR when power on the radio :

create with paint logo 160X128 a 8 Bit 256 colors in BMP

I create the image in Photoshop, and save it to a PNG file. Then bring the PNG file into Microsoft Paint and save it as a 256 color BMP

IMPORTANT: Ensure that each time you upload a new BMP file, rename the file to something different than the one used before. Otherwise, the radio seems to ignore the upload.

Using Microsoft word to built the callsign fonts, screenshot to Paint..

What program do you use to upload the BMP? It looks like it's not the CPS and the installation folder of the CPS does not contain other programs. I can create the BMP myself, but uploading is another thing...

DMR Download software.
    The default programmer (UpgradeDownload.exe) that comes with the firmware published by TYT.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...oy2RUBhm3ND5vbm3OXYYgajo5Cns3HoqIicwPmfMiK8lA

6. IW2BSF

UPDATE 11 JULY

There is new firmware up on the TyT site.

New CPS version 1.17 and there is a CSV update same firmware but will hold up to 100,000 contacts.

Once downloaded and extracted read the doc that comes with the csv update

www.tyt888.com/?mod=download

7. AE9AM

AE9AM Ham Member QRZ Page

I notice that HRO now has these in their catalog (website), though not in stock anywhere yet.

8. IW2BSF

an GREAT notice ..after the new CPS 1.7 and FW 3.033 NOW like the MD-380 and Retevis Rt3

is possibile to have the all WW database o ham-radio on the display ! used windows ...no linux , no md380tools !

read my other post here ! best 73 de IW2BSF

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Those are Left handed radios.

upload_2017-7-14_7-34-29.png

10. IW2BSF

a Complete and easy GUIDE to install all the WW ham-radio data base (over 65.000 contacts ) on the display

of TYT MD-2017 or RT-82 in my web site .... free download of the PDF !

best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

guida dmr bsf.jpeg

11. IW2BSF

difference of the Display of the new MD-2017 and the old MD-380 :

differenze TYT.jpg

12. IW2BSF

NOT GOOD !

ANTENNA AND CONNECTOR SMA PROBLEM !

ok, The antenna is the weakest point on any handheld radio....but see this video for the NEW radio TYT .... this is not so good !!!

sma connector on the TYT MD 2017 Failure Break

antenna Broken !

antenna fault.jpg

13. IW2BSF

and PROBLEMS with the trackball .......

A NOT GOOD NOTICE:

yesterday CLOSED two famous TYT facebook groups:

TYT-TYTERA MD-2017 USERS GROUP

TYT-TYTERA MD-380 USERS GROUP

tha Administrator have closed this groups for this motivations:

" Well.....I have finally come to the conclusion that if TYT won't support it's product line or it's customers..why should I waste my time with their garbage? This group as well as other TYT groups will disappear in a short amount of time.I have been maintaining this list as well as others, only to watch this as....le company repeatedly shit in peoples Cherrios.I am tired of it.TYT offers ZERO product support, ZERO tech support, ZERO parts support and a worthless warranty. TYT simply refuses to make good on their poor quality TYT has ZERO repair stations.Why should I donate countless hours to a product line that the manufacture does not give a sh....t about? I have better things to do than run groups for a shitstain company that doesn't give a sh...t about it's customers (Victims). "

,,,,not good this , hi ! 73

14. IW2BSF

Now there are 2 HW problems : the broken sma connector and the trackball .....

HERE the great solution by the collegue Walt for the TYT MD-2017 problem of the trackball.... hi :)

trackball.jpg

15. N7NOA

N7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

New firmware came out today that allows you to turn the trackball on/off.