ad: Flexradio-1

160M MSK16 Propagation Beacon

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K3YBN, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K3YBN

K3YBN Ham Member QRZ Page

During the first few weeks of the month of July I will be running a  160 Meter  propagation beacon modulated using MSK16. The MSK will be approximately centered on 1.980 MHz (LSB) and will be running fairly low power. This frequency was chosen to because it was felt that this would minimize any potential interferance to the DX portion of the band (1.800 - 1.840).

In the evenings, when I am in the shack, I will be listening to the frequency in between transmissions and will answer any calls I receive.

The schedule and information for operation will be as follows:

Callsign used WA3MEJ

Transmissions  times   0400 UTC to  1200 UTC daily June 30, 2002  -  July 9,  2002  
    Monitor times             0400 UTC to  0600 most days       June 30, 2002  -   July 9,  2002

Transmissions interval will be:

1 transmission every 3 minutes - beacon is being supervised by control operator (no QSO's)
    1 transmission every 1 minute  - controll operator available for QSO's  

Reports can be sent via email (see QRZ database for address) or via WWW.eQSL.CC I will attempt to responed to all reports.

As the above information suggests the purpose is to study the way MSK 16 works in the noisy summertime environment of 160 Meters. To that end I would appreciate any and all reports, especially from DX stations south of the equator. Please include Date, Time (UTC is preferable), your location, the signal strength and how well you copied the signal.

Jim
    WA3MEJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.