ad: M2Ant-1

13 Colonies Website Down

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N5CM, Jul 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to the website today to print the log sheet and send it in. When I got there, the following message came up on the screen:

13 Colonies WEB SITE is down as of Today
    As Webmaster and owner of this server I can no longer support this event or host this site.

bob@nd7j.com

I can compose a log sheet on Excel, but I do not have the address of where to send the sheet. Could someone post the address.

Not sure what's up with this.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Try contacting Ken - KU2US

3. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2019-7-15_20-13-28.png

So is the webmaster hosting the site gratuitously? I'll assume the "event" lives but the web host has pulled support. Time for 13 Colonies to find another web host.? It would be a shame if the event was dead. I too need the contact info to send in my log and donation. Surely the 13 Colonies organization knew about this in advance. I would be amazed if the host just pulled the plug unannounced. More to this than meets the eye I presume.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Wow.... :eek:

No kidding...

Dave
    W7UUU

5. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

Try here: http://www.hamclubs.info/13colonies/

WJ4U likes this.
  6. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

KJ4VTH es N5AVF, thanks for the information. I checked both places and found everything I needed.

Vy 73 es DX

John N5CM

7. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe the webmaster was another person screwed over by the K2B QSL problem last year.

KE4OH likes this.
  8. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure what the QSL problem was last year, but judging from the contact numbers KU2US posted on his QRZ page (169,884 for 2019), the popularity of this event is certainly on the rise.

It would interesting to see a breakdown of the contacts by mode. ;)

9. KU2US

KU2US Ham Member QRZ Page

The web site is down and it is a little deeper than what I can state! We have MANY who have come forward for another web site. Has nothing to do with K2B cards or any cards. Lets just say this got kind of personal. Every K2 State has their own page on QRZ.com.. You will find QSL info there. ALL other info is on MY QRZ page-look up KU2US. Log sheets can be your own, if you do not have one already, for the certificates. If you want to download an official log sheet, go to the 13 colonies face book page . It is there in PDF format. Just a bump in the road. No big deal!

K2HAT and WJ4U like this.
  10. KU2US

I can't give you the numbers now but I can tell you that #1 SSB, #2 CW, #3 Ft8/other digi.

11. KU2US

NOPE!

12. KU2US

The event is nowhere near being sick, as to being dead! And we did not know about this in advance. The site was just shut down..Not to worry, read posts below..

KA2FIR, N5AF and KA2K like this.
  13. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the good news!! I really enjoy 13 Colonies event. Summer wouldn't be the same without it.

KA2FIR and N5AF like this.
  14. KD2JBC

KD2JBC Ham Member QRZ Page

15. KU2US

K1TQ, WJ4U, N5CM and 2 others like this.