ad: TinyPaddle-1

12 Days of QRZ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  2. N2VPJ

N2VPJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Carmon,
    Congrats and i agree Praise the Lord!!
    I am too working on awards.
    73's De N2VPJ Bob

3. NK0V

NK0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to get this on 6 as well but the 6 meter propagation gods have been quite in SD so far. Will keep trying here as well.

4. K5BOU

K5BOU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got mind...

5. KD2ZZE

KD2ZZE Ham Member QRZ Page

7 days away. I just started making contacts 5 days ago on FT8 10 meters. I just got my Xiegu G90 hooked up on my end fed sloper antenna up on a nearby tree about 40 feet at its peak. Looking forward to getting my first award.

W4LJ and W7UUU like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

That's great! Nice way to start :) You've come into ham radio at a great time - the bands are really picking up. Don't forget to try SSB around 28.400 as well - with the band being open a LOT these days, voice contacts are super easy much of the time as well.

Good luck getting your first award - but also check out the QRZ Friendship Award as well - you only need to log/confirm contacts with 25 members of QRZ and you can get that one pretty quickly too!

Dave
    W7UUU

KD2ZZE likes this.
  7. KD2ZZE

KD2ZZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I'm working on the QRZ Friendship Award too. I'm about halfway on that one. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Have a good night. 73

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Four random wires, three elevated verticals, two magloops and...

9. F4PAN

F4PAN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you mean World Friendship or am I not seeing something. It happens…. Lots…

And I didn't start out going for 80m but, well, it happened. Me and my lame antenna over my roof.

12Days.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  11. W7UUU

Yes World not QRZ .... "senior moment"

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

W7TCT likes this.
  12. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hereby offer Zed folks a new Q code: QSM for those, well, you know, extremely uncommon occurrences.

This is an admitted attempt to perhaps obfuscate the actual cause of such occurrences. Similar to when I was flying and made a less than elegant turn or landing and called it anthropogenic turbulence.

13. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

12_days.png

Don't you love the new shinies. I came to the party late and only noticed the new award 2 weeks ago, so I have been hitting the radio hard for the last 12 days in catchup. Now I can go back to not doing radio and complaing others are doing ham radio wrong LOL

Anyone else collect their 12 step ham radio plan yet?

K6GP and WZ7U like this.
  14. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be on the fast track to earn this one, if my kit cooperates.

SWL90210 likes this.
  15. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah better hurry up you are running out of days. I wonder if Gra will do his on echolink HAHAHA

SWL90210 likes this.