ad: Alphaant-1

Club callsign management

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KC7E, Mar 26, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC7E

KC7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

I took over as president of my club this year (KI7W) and am trying to gain control of our club's QRZ page to update it. The former president from 2016 is still in control of it. He hasn't been president since 2016 but still lists it on his current QRZ page. I sent him an email but he is unresponsive to my request to release the page. I can provide any proof needed to show I am the current president, including looking up my club on ARRL (https://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/big-horn-basin-amateur-radio-club/type:club)

Is there anyone that would be able to help me with this, or point me in the direction of the correct next steps? Thank you!

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if they have it, but it seems completely reasonable that the ARRL should have detailed information that would help you. You might want to check their site.

3. KC7E

KC7E Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you misread this. The ARRL page is updated and shows I am the president, I used that link for proof. I am trying to gain access to the club's QRZ page.

K3XR likes this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

K7JEM likes this.
  5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to file a change of trustee with the ARRL club division. Election of new officers does not change the call sign trustee.

K3XR likes this.
  6. KC7E

KC7E Ham Member QRZ Page

We're in the process of updating the trustee currently, but that has nothing to do with the QRZ page. The QRZ page is currently being managed by KB7CSW and I need that to be released so I can become the manager of the QRZ page.

K3XR likes this.
  7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not certain of the process, but it may be that the management of the QRZ page would first require trustee updating with the FCC.

K7JEM likes this.
  8. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Please open a support ticket for this. https://support.qrz.com/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  9. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

For those following along, we handle these situations on a case by case basis. The manager of the QRZ page for a club is often not the trustee of the club callsign. In such cases, I'd recommend a support ticket be opened.

10. KC7E

KC7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you!

KF8KI likes this.