ad: Schulman-1

Universal Radio Closing: Retirement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KA0HCP, Nov 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8EDW

W8EDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Luck to you! I purchased my novice set up (Hallicrafters SX110 rcvr and HT40 xmtr) from Gibby at the downtown store in 1964. We will miss you but retirement is deserved! -Ed W8EDW

1 person likes this.
  2. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member

Best way to thank them is to take advantage of them. I am sure they would like to be taken advantage of liquidating inventory and converting to cash so they can really enjoy retirement.

Thank you for the service. If you play golf; grip it and rip it straight and long.

KB0MNM and WD4ELG like this.
  3. VE4MM

VE4MM Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck in retirement. I met you both in Dayton 5 times from 1986 - 1991 and at the Bob Grove thing in Knoxville in October 1991.
    Always easy to order and fair prices. I do have 2 of your Shortwave Books as well. 73 MM

4. WD8BP

WD8BP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad to see Universal Radio joins: Radio Shack,Allied Radio,HamStation,AES,Olson and Lafayette to closed doors. In Cleveland Ohio we had also Warren Radio,Winter Radio,Heathkit.
    All were great places to shop,look,learn,dream. Sad day. :(

N2OTG likes this.
  5. KN4VGY

KN4VGY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Peace on the road.

6. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good place, good people. Always enjoyed coming in when I was in Columbus. Thanks and good luck!

7. N8PEM

N8PEM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All the best to you and your staff. You will be fondly missed.

8. KI4KEA

KI4KEA Ham Member QRZ Page

I dropped some coin there and learned a lot from the web page alone.

They are going to be very much missed.

God bless and take care!

9. KE0DM

KE0DM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been retired since 2008, glad I did it.now I can focus on me now and my wife. Best decision i have made.

10. KB3H

KB3H Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for making the world of amateur radio a better place! Health and Happiness !

11. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

You EARNED IT! Best Wishes. Enjoy!!!

12. KF7JZR

KF7JZR Ham Member QRZ Page

This is sad news for some of us but we understand that life goes on. Universal Radio had a big influence on me and getting my ticket for ham radio. I will certainly miss the magnificent catalogue you published and all the info you had on your web site about ham radio and SW radios. Enjoy your retirement. 73 KF7JZR

13. 4X5II

4X5II XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck with your retirement

14. W5QC

W5QC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hate to see you go, got a lot of equip there, but I understand, enjoy retirement I am thanks for the years of service to the Ham community.

Steve Stevenson
    W5QC

15. KE8WO

KE8WO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've not read all of the replies here .. so maybe this is a repeat. I'm sorry to see Universal Radio come to a halt without a sale of the business to continue their long operations under the Universal name. It's a reflection of our current Covid economy but probably more due to the longer term decline in our radio related hobby and related businesses. Sad to see but that's the way our economy works.

NQ1B likes this.