ad: Radclub22-1

Make a mains filter for EMC noise reduction

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by M0NWK, Oct 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. M0NWK

M0NWK Ham Member QRZ Page

This video shows how I have made a mains filter that is extremely effective in reducing and in some cases eliminating completely EMC from the electricity supplying my shack.

Find it here on YouTube:

The filter consists of three turns of earth, neutral and live wires wound round a type 31 Fair-Rite ferrite core, part number 0431177081. I found details of how to make this on the website of Ian White, callsign GM3SEK, so thank you Ian for the information.

You will see how this filter performs when comparing filtered and non-filtered mains power on 160m, 80m and 40m. More information how I made this filter, Ian's website and other useful links can be found my website by following the link below:

http://www.m0nwk.co.uk/emc-rfi-noise-reduction/mains-electricity-filter-for-emc-noise-reduction/

The mains filter is simple to make and install but extreme care should be taken as it requires you to work with live mains supply. If you have any doubts at all about working with electrics then DON’T DO IT and instead consult an expert who can help you.

For more information:
    Email: enquiry@m0nwk.co.uk
    Twitter: @M0NWK

Please like and subscribe to see more of my future videos. Thank you & 73. Adrian

KA2PTE and PY2NEA like this.