ad: QSLWorks-1

Yaesu FTM-500D Announced

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI5SAI, Feb 3, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not crying OM...I was just expressing my opinion on the design redundancy of VHF/UHF rigs that Yaesu and the other manufactures put out year after year. Who's the one who is angry about comments they do not agree with??? If you really don't care what others think, why do you keep responding??? Sorry to offend you. Have a nice day.

2. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

So this is expressing your opinion,,,Yaesu take note of this!!!! :rolleyes: Bye Bye.

3. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The FTM-300 with a facelift. . We need a replacement for the FTM-400XDR (with the larger display)
    How about 222 Mhz. ?? A triband would be nice.

W2WAT, K9TDW and K8ADK like this.
  4. W9EAM

W9EAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Tri Bander with ssb and a large screen. Now ur talking

KQ4EGC, M0MNE, K9TDW and 1 other person like this.
  5. K4OEK

K4OEK Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why I bought an ID5100 years ago instead of the FTM400. I really wanted to get an FTM400 though. I will say the ID5100 is one of the best thought out and intuitive radios I have owned. I would have liked real aprs instead of daprs. But I was on the road and out of state a lot and needed the mem banks. I also feel like they could have done so much more with the touch screen on my 991a and it would feel less menu heavy and feel more intuitive (I am due for a firmware update). I always wondered how the ftm400 would stack up to the id5100 menu navigation wise... I hope the ftm500 is a good replacement for the 400 or they have something else in store for us. I am curious about that big vfo knob though!

And just for the record almost everything in the shack is now is Yaesu so this isn't a flame job. Just feed back. Love the DNR on the 991a and ft891 I have.

6. NO9X

NO9X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Archaic? How so? Being able to choose a bank to scan from depending on where I am and what I am doing is quite usefull.

AI7NC likes this.
  7. W9EAM

I agree i travel to the surrounding states different bank for different state would work good

8. W9LME

W9LME Ham Member QRZ Page

END OF LIFE, I don't think so. Lack of parts to build it, I don't think so Where are they getting the parts to build the new version? Are surface mount components in short supply> Are the new surface mount components different? Is 47K ohms different this year? Did micro henry become mega henry? Planned Obsolesence not EOL.
    New rigs are made to appeal to your wanting the latest and greatest, the next best thing. Understand that the 100 watts out of your 30, 40 or 50 year old boat anchor is the same 100 Watts out of your brand new shinny rig. Has the 50 ohm load changed. Must you buy a brand new all band 20 foot dipole that will handle 3000 watts with a guaranteed SWR 1 to 1 on each band when mounted on your fence.
    Hi Hi, just my personal thoughts on the subject of new radios. Must confess, I likem too.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    K9TDW and SA4MDN like this.
  9. AI7NC

AI7NC Ham Member QRZ Page

So much this. I'll never go to a yaesu in my vehicle until they have that offering like they do in their HTs. There's no way to quickly naviagate among my +400 channels without being able to sort them logically into banks/zones/groups.

10. AI7NC

AI7NC Ham Member QRZ Page

One can hope. I couldn't believe the 400XDR didn't have banks/groups/zones for organizing channels when I programmed it for my wife. I was so used to it on every other radio I have I never thought they'd not include it on their flagship mobile.

11. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The first look at the latest brochure shows, who owns a FTM-400 should stay. Otherwise there is in the 500 an AESS included, a speaker is in the front-panel and in the transmitter, prorgammed five frequencies are at a glance to see with signal strength on the display. At next the sound is discribed with to be high-fidelity. People who knows what HiFi means, will shook with the head. I dont think that this can reach quality of DAB. To that bluetooth is included too. And 500 frequencies are to save in the memory.

But the rest is still the same. Who awaited SSB or other things will be disappointed.

12. N9LTW

N9LTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well Said!!!!!!

13. W9EAM

It’s not about pleasing everyone. It’s about listening. I won’t buy if it doesn’t fit the needs plain and simple. And I don’t think any of this is neg. It’s called feedback. Now we are jumping the gun cuz we are assuming it has this or it doesn’t have that.

14. KX7P

KX7P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well,.....bye!

AA3C likes this.
  15. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Who pulled your chain