ad: Radclub22-1

Public vs. Private Information

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by HAPPYTOMEETYOU, Nov 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. HAPPYTOMEETYOU

HAPPYTOMEETYOU QRZ Member

That is good to know and very cunning of the perp. I guess this is why I never lived a life of crime. Thanks again. Lots of great info.

2. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  3. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was curious if those who post a PO box as their Zed bio page address could be otherwise located. First let me say that it's perfectly legal to use a PO box on your FCC documents which is also the source of the Zed bio page address. It's about the FCC being able to contact you if need be.

The few that I tried using the name and town in a search did reveal a street address. In one case the individual was also the owner of business.

The point is there are any number of ways of obtaining information on an individual beyond QRZ or other sites.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You probably didn't notice - but the OP hasn't been on QRZ for almost a year and likely won't see this post. I'm guessing he just gave up in his quest for anonymity after all.

OR he fully succeeded but we'll never know who he really is :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WR2E and K3XR like this.