ad: Retevis-1

New FT8 Software - AutoFT8

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Nov 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

Not with the brand new automated mode! But, yes, I get your point, sir.

M0YJB, M1WML and N3RYB like this.
  2. WI9LL

WI9LL Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do you all keep putting your videos in the "Amateur Radio News" section of the forums instead of the "Videos and Podcasts" section?

This is not news...
    unless you feel your videos have elevated past the peons that might otherwise post in the appropriate videos section.

M1WML, K1BQY, WG7X and 5 others like this.
  3. KC3JH

KC3JH Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe the site moderators choose where content is posted. Maybe someone here more knowledgeable than me can confirm.

73 Frank W3PX

KF4ZKU, M1WML and KD5BVX like this.
  4. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it says a lot that such a no skill mode has so many "how to" videos about how to set it up. Do people forget to breathe?

K1BQY and M1WML like this.
  5. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Would only make things worse. Part of actually being a successful DX operator using FT8 is knowing when to GIVE UP on a QSO. It can be harder than it looks to actually be successful and have a rapid rate of QSOs, especially that a DX station would want. Give up after two retries on the signal report and move on. The bots don't usually understand this. Then there is the matter of making sure you are transmitting on an actual clear frequency and not stomping on some unseen station from your QTH. It can be harder than it looks. Really.

K4SAX, W2ZF, M1WML and 4 others like this.
  6. WI9LL

If that is the case, then the question should redirect to them instead lol

KF4ZKU and M1WML like this.
  7. WC6Q

WC6Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is how "Youtubers" work. They need max exposure so they can beg for donations, or smashing that like button. So they post their garbage in here.

KF4ZKU, M1WML, PY2NEA and 4 others like this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

You forgot Look At Me Look At Me Syndrome.

KF4ZKU, M1WML, PY2NEA and 4 others like this.
  9. W3KCK

W3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Guys, I'm not sitting thru an hours podcast. Send me the excutive summary, I'll take a look

M1WML, PY2NEA, KK5JY and 3 others like this.
  10. WI9LL

It would seem as though I have confirmed you are indeed correct. It's seems the forum staff has some kind of vested interest in pushing non-news videos as news to the front page for the group of influencers. Tends to blot out most of the actual radio news that would probably fill the front page otherwise. And the select few same 'influencers' over and over. Oh well. Best of luck to the chosen ones I reckon.

M1WML, G7DAZ, KE0GXN and 2 others like this.
  11. WC6Q

WC6Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am guessing they are taking bribes. The things that get posted are clearly biased. "News" section my ass.

M1WML likes this.
  12. HA3FLT

HA3FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't defend how YT videos presented here generally, but in this case (and AFAIK) 300-500 viewers do not generate any visible amount of money. The sum of all views in this channel is about 20,000 alltogether that is still not much (yet). And this last one that I remember of currently (I make no comparison now), contains real information. There are FT8 things happening to us nowadays...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    M1WML and KM9G like this.
  13. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably less bribes and more influence from others to push the "hip new Youtube content creators" because it attracts the kids. Many see these guys as the ambassadors to potential radio operators and that their exposure is good for the radio services. Even if no money changes hands, it is considered "good business" or at least good for the future of radio.

KF4ZKU and M1WML like this.
  14. WI9LL

It seems as though they have all of a sudden all gotten a copy of the new ARRL Handbook and have scheduled videos one after the other showing us how it's a must have for the ham shack.... I got one like 3 years ago. I'm not saying it's a bad book, but I've yet to use it. Can I live without this new one?

M1WML likes this.
  15. AE0IT

AE0IT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you.

M1WML likes this.